|Job Ref:||204629661||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:50|
A superb opportunity has arisen with one of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction groups. For 100 years, they have helped to shape the world around us and today they are at the forefront of the construction industry, with approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, their focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities they work in. Their involvement in some of the UK's most high profile and innovative projects ensures their employees benefit from unrivalled opportunities and career progression.|
They are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to be based on projects in the Bristol / Western region. This is a great opportunity to join a new unit of a highly successful residential contracting organisation:
The successful candidate will be tasked to plan, control, manage and ensure effective administration of the commercial and financial aspects of the contract whilst ensuring compliance with the conditions of the contract and the Business Management System.
Key to this role is experience of working on similar residential projects, for a mainstream UK contractor.
* Maintain and develop the commercial processes and procedures and apply best practice and a continuous improvement approach, to maximise returns in terms of profit.
* Manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
* Maximise cash flow through the timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment.
* Manage the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations, claims and disputes.
* Manage the production of accurate and timely accounts for use in managing the business.
* Manage the production of accurate and timely project financial forecasts for use in setting targets and managing the business.
* Establish and maintain robust open and honest reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets.
* Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of the contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to the projects
* Assist the Bid Team in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work.
Experience and Qualifications:
* You will have experience of working within the Construction industry for a main contractor, specifically on Design and Build, new build and refurbishment projects, as well as sound knowledge of JCT and NEC Conditions of Contract.
* You will have experience of managing a team.
* You will be degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership).
If you are a proven quantity surveyor, looking to join a market leader, then please don't hesitate in forwarding an up to date CV at your earlest convenience.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency