|Job Ref:||204628523||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Blackpool||Address:||Post Code:||FY3||Salary:||£40000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:21|
I have an exciting opportunity for experienced Operations Manager to join one of my clients who have achieved exceptional growth in recent years.|
Operating within the construction sector, delivering high-value projects across a number of commercial sectors.
Predominately working for blue-chip main contractors they have developed an outstanding reputation within the industry.
As Operations Manager, you will work alongside the Operations Director to oversee a multitude of projects to ensure they hit deadlines, achieve budget and are delivered to the highest quality standard.
As an Operation Manager you will oversee our site management and reviewing progress.
About the Role
* Reporting into the Operations Director
* Working with those individuals to manage and maintain a wide range of important project documents, correspondence, drawings and schematics
* Career development opportunities will also be available
* We looking for someone who can hit the ground running
* The position will involve conducting site visits including travel away from the NW, therefore a full driving licence is required.
* Providing oversight during M&E installation on all assigned construction projects. Monitors and evaluates reports on assigned project construction execution to division management, takes corrective action as necessary.
* Develop construction M&E execution plan for projects and proposals which minimises cost and duration of construction activities.
* Ensuring that all assigned construction projects are properly staffed with the appropriately trained and skilled professionals needed to successfully provide the contracted services.
* Ensuring that all construction operations on each project site comply with the applicable Safety Manuals and the Firm's safety and health program and policies.
* Attend and participate in conducted site meetings monitored progress throughout the project cycle.
* Provides M&E construction support to site based Site Managers.
* Organise employees to attend site for any small works/defects jobs that might arise and complete relevant paperwork.
* Involvement in the pre-construction process ensuring projects are ready to go to site.
* Assist with the handover process from pre-construction to site.
* Assist in monitoring project financial budgets and ensuring they achieve their cost target
* Ensuring that all Projects meet company and Client specified quality standards.
* Establishes and maintains relationships and develops a high level of trust and credibility with key clients, alliance partners, subcontractors, and project teams.
* Monitors, evaluates and recommends alliance partners and/or subcontractors consistent with determined implementation plan.
* Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
* Supervise monitor and report M&E project progress throughout the project cycle to ensure on time completion.
* Inspect and observe work in progress to ensure that procedures followed and materials used conformed to project specifications and quality standards.
* Conduct post project reviews to identify areas of improvement
* Superior management and organisational skills
* Electrical Contracting Background
* Prior industry experience
* Comprehensive knowledge about the industry
* Good communication skills
* Focus and thoroughness
* The capacity to be influential and amenable
* Professionalism and cordiality
* Outstanding project management expertise
* The capacity to adequately handle work stress
* The capacity to meet project deadlines
* Solid problem solving and decision making capabilities
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer