|Job Ref:||204627806||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Walsall||Address:||Post Code:||WS3||Salary:||£42000 - £48000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:49|
£42-48k + Car & Benefits package
A good client of ours is on the lookout for a Quantity Surveyor to join a newly formed West Midlands regional office. This family owned Contractor was set up in the 1950's and is continuing to go from strength to strength today. Their heavy workload has led to them opening up a Birmingham based regional office, which will allow them to service a number of clients across the West Midlands.
Turnover for the firm currently stands at around £75m, however this is forecast to sharply increase over the next 24 months following their expansion into the West Midlands. They take on projects up to £10m from a variety of market sectors including: Education, Healthcare, extra-care, Industrial & Residential. So what does all of this mean to you? Security, real progression, variety, and the chance to work with a great group of people.
The role/What you will need
The role revolves around working under and reporting to a Commercial Manager. You'll be splitting your time between the office and site and will be running projects from a commercial front up to the value of £10m. You will have the opportunity to work on projects from a variety of market sectors and will be given command of all commercial functions of any given project - from cradle to grave. In terms of what the company are looking for - a construction related degree is important, but not essential. Ideally, you will have 6+ years of experience in surveying with a Main Contractor and will have experience running your own projects £3m+.
Typical Roles & Responsibilities
* Post-tender negotiation. Dealing with budget issues, changes, re-pricing.
* Prepare sub-contract agreements and procure sub-contract packages.
* Review sub-contractor quotations, complete tender analysis of all sub-contractors.
* Monthly Cost reporting - CVR's.
* Attend regular meetings with client and consultants to ensure that all contractual matters and procedures are correctly dealt with.
* Managing sub-contractors on a first-hand basis, ensuring that interim payments reflect work that has been completed. Prepare documentation and agree interim valuations and final accounts with the client.
Contact | | (Apply online only)