|Job Ref:||204626647||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Merseyside||Address:||Post Code:||CH42||Salary:||£27500/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:49|
My client is one of North West's largest Housing associations they are currently seeking a Technical Supervisor with a positive, can-do attitude to join their expanding team. |
• To lead a team of responsive repairs technicians in providing the effective delivery of the organisations responsive repairs or external contracts works to meet commercial and internal business plan objectives with a focus on achievement against annual service action plan targets.
• The prime focus of the role will be providing on-site daily / weekly supervision of works carried out by technicians to ensure performance management targets in relation to productivity, quality, delivery and customer satisfaction are achieved.
• Be responsible for the efficient organisation and execution of work of the Technicians within the repairs team including, productivity targets, Health and Safety Standards, work monitoring, response times, customer satisfaction, and resource allocation.
• Supervise the carrying out of repair and maintenance / refurbishment or construction related work including quality inspections of work and approval, supervision and organisation of work undertaken by appointed sub- contractors.
• Conduct interviews, attend site, sectional and companywide meetings, tenant forums, and maintain records and information. Provide advice to the public, tenants, external clients and other officers in the company on matters relating to the work area of the post holder.
• Have overall responsibility for timekeeping records, certificates of timesheets and worksheets, sickness and leave authorisation. To conduct team briefings, personal development planning and one to one meetings. Provide personal support, supervision and mentoring to technicians and any other personnel issues as required including absence management interviews, home visits, performance counselling, grievance and disciplinary matters.
• Ensure all repairs / work packages are carried out to meet the organisations requirement, procurement rules, standing orders, financial guidelines and constraints and seek appropriate advice, guidance and authorisation for the sub-contracting of works, placing of material orders, processing and varying of repairs and site work packages where necessary.
• Relevant experience in the Construction/Building Industry
• Supervising and co-ordination of external contractors and the management of projects
• Experience in applying analytical techniques in relation to performance management data.
• Effective working relations with tenants, customers and internal and external clients.
• Sound knowledge of relevant health and safety issues in building maintenance and construction
• Knowledge of relevant legislation in relation to building maintenance , refurbishment and construction legislative framework
• Must hold a clean diving license
Education and Qualification:
• City and Guilds , NVQ at trade / construction level
• Relevant management qualification (E.G ILM or NVQ) preferable or a willingness to work towards a relevant qualification
• Appropriate CSCS card (desirable)
• SMSTS Certificate - (Desirable)
• Minimum GCSE standard English and Maths
25 days Holiday
Car Allowance + Mileage