|Job Ref:||204624533||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£13 - £15/hour contract only role||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:55|
Company Details |
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK across the renewable energy, conventional power generation and waste sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators.
In the UK Fichtner employ over 100 people and operate from our head office in Stockport, Greater Manchester. We are seeking to engage an experienced Banksman Signaller, on a contract basis, to supply their services for approximately 10 months on an industrial building project in Oxford, supporting the project lifecycle.
You should possess the following qualifications and experience.
• Minimum of a level 3 qualification in a relevant engineering or construction discipline;
• Ideally an IOSH Managing Safely certificate
• Current Blue CPCS card is essential
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience of working as a banksman signaller within the heavy construction industry for a main contractor on industrial or commercial infrastructure;
• Sound knowledge of construction methods and LOLER lifting regulations. Experience gained on large or complex lifts would be of interest;
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and consistently deliver safe lifts of building materials and equipment;
• Manage all site traffic movements;
• A team player who is not averse to assisting with occasional general labouring tasks;
• Excellent observational and interpersonal communication skills;
• Ability to use initiative;
• Logical, methodical and organised
• Full UK driving licence
We offer an attractive daily rate between £13.00 to £15.00 per hour for the duration of the project. All contractors will need to have their own company (either limited or sole trader) and will be engaged under a formal agreement for services