|Job Ref:||204624419||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:21|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor|
£25 - 30k + Car & Package
Northampton / Nottingham
Contract values: £5-45m
We now have a brilliant opportunity to join a regional Main Contractor operating out of the South Midlands. The company have made a big name for themselves in the industry which has led to them turning over circa £500m in the next 12 months. They deliver projects up to the value of £45m to a growing list of blue-chip clients across the East Midlands. These projects are split across a number of market sectors including: Industrial, mega sheds, accommodation, commercial, retail & leisure and Education. With a repeat business rate of 90%, the company have a reputation for maintaining an excellent relationship with their supply chain and encourage their employees to preserve this whenever possible. Although they boast a low staff turnover, they are now seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to operate on a £70m project within the Midlands.
The company are looking for an Assistant Surveyor with ideally 2-3 years' experience working with a main contractor on projects from £3m+. Ideally, you will have previous Civils experience, with a knowledge of highways and contract type NEC Option A. Initially, you will be site based in the East Midlands, on a £70m project that is due to start in January 2017 and will last up to three years,
Key responsibilities can be found below...
* Assisting with the measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings), for valuations, variations and final accounts.
* Assisting with the agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
* Administering and/or advising on Main Contract and Subcontract conditions
* Subcontract and Design Procurement
* Subcontract payments, variations and final accounts
* Submission of Cost Value Reconciliations
* Preparation of cost too complete
* Cash management and maximisation
* Cash Flow and Turnover forecast
* Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
Salary and Benefits:
Our client offers a basic salary in the region of £25,000 - 30,000 plus car/allowance as well as the normal benefits you'd expect from a successful company that wants to keep and develop its people.
Contact - | (Apply online only)