|Job Ref:||204624220||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:21|
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB|
Reporting into the OD of Maintenance South the job holder is responsible for the Commercial function with overall accountability and responsibility to increase value, reduce cost, drive profit and manage risk in a safe and ethical manner.
The post holder will be responsible with the Business Unit Management Team for the strategic leadership, direction and development of the Kier Maintenance South. With responsibility for identifying new commercial opportunities and driving growth across the
BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT AND LOCATION:
The role will be based at our London location although the candidate should expect frequent visits to our contracts, clients and other Kier offices. The offices are traditionally open plan with a clear desk policy. We pride ourselves on being highly communicative and an open culture. We expect individuals to take the initiative but ask that they work in a framework designed to protect the business and the individual.
* To be a pivotal member of the Business Unit Management Team.
* To contribute to the Business Unit Strategy, Direction and Business Plans.
* To work closely with the Business Unit Management Team to roll-out initiatives
* To lead a team including, Commercial, Surveying, Procurement and Administration. This will also cover all aspects associated with performance management, Personal Performance Reviews, disciplinary action and learning and development of the team.
* Accountability for the profitability against a range of differing contracts through a Contract Review process and taking ownership for the bridge between tendered and required margins.
* Assistance within tender production and Ownership for tender settlement. To ensure the commercial team play a pivotal role in the handover of the tender and are proactive in setting tough but fair profitability targets. It is an essential part of the role that the candidate will not only be able to quickly understand tender risk but also the nett pricing and assumptions made within the bid and to develop coping and mitigation strategies in line with Kier Standing Orders.
* Accountable for the team who manage the selection of subcontractors for tender enquiries ensuring that a balanced range is chosen capable of delivering the required price, quality and duration.
* Accountability for the valuation process ensuring that applications are maximised and made on time and then ensuring that this is converted as a minimum to the contract terms into invoices and cash. Also being responsible for hitting required cash targets. Production, monitoring and ownership of cashflow forecasts.
* To oversee the team who regularly meet and contact clients to ensure commercial delivery and to sort issues as they arise.
* Accountable for the resolution of contractual issues both client and supply chain facing.
* To ensure that the contract review process focuses on contract performance, WIP, debt, etc. and to ensure that forecast final cost, value and profit reconciliations are produced against the contracts on a monthly basis. This will be part of the Kier Value Cost reconciliation and End Life Forecast.
* To manage the commercial team to ensure all variations are produced and claimed, including other formal records for extra works and to maximise the evaluation of these.
Health & Safety and Compliance
To play an active role in the promotion of health and safety, the continuing drive for safer working and to ensure that any unsafe acts are reported. The role will also require the candidate to visit sites specifically to undertake safety audits
To ensure appropriate resourcing and capacity management against varying project demand.
To act as a source of expertise on all commercial related issues.
To develop and nurture a team spirit across all disciplines.
Provide Solutions and Actions.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Maintenance South Business Unit expects to grow significantly over the next 5 years. The post holder will play a significant part in delivering this goal.
Turnover of Housing South currently stands at circa £130m pa