|Job Ref:||204629542||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Staffordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WS7||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum Bonus + Pension||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:30|
Can you picture yourself working for a leading Global technology company that develops innovative embedded low power radio products and their associated communication protocols?|
Are you a dynamic Systems Engineer with a good Software/Firmware background in the development of data networking and wireless communication protocols and technical specifications that could join the team as a Solutions Engineer?
The main purpose of this role will be for you to assist the Solutions Architects to define and support the development of existing and new wireless communication protocols and the future acceptance of products for the UK and European markets.
Key elements of the role will be for you to compile and maintain technical documents / specifications, mainly UK and European focused, wireless product (digital radio) experience is essential. It is also essential that you have a solid communications systems background and understand various wireless communication protocols.
A competitive negotiable salary is on offer dependant on your experience + excellent benefits including a performance related bonus + pension + company car / car allowance
This role will be require you to be site based in Staffordshire but domestic and European travel will be required 10%>20% of the time per annum.
Key Responsibilities: -
* Help to generate, review and maintain solution specifications and support the development of wireless communication protocols and interface specifications
* Represent solutions / applications at design & development reviews (internal and with 3rd party partners)
* Work closely with Solutions Architects, Product Managers and design / development teams (systems / software / firmware / hardware) to ensure that technical specification and documentation are consistent and complete
* Support the Solutions Manager in assessing the evolution / future development of the market (Communication Protocols)
* Help to develop and implement new & existing wireless communications protocols
* Support the sales / commercial teams from a technical aspect by understanding the customer's requirements and propose technical solutions
* Help to support customer acceptance processes
Background / Knowledge Required: -
* You will need an understanding of embedded micro-controllers & associated wireless systems / Home Area Networks
* You will need to be experienced with the software / firmware development of wireless communication protocols e.g. Wifi, Wireless, 3G, 4G, 5G, GPRS, GSM, DLMS, ZigBee, COSEM, SMETS, Bluetooth etc
* Experience with a RTOS, systems testing and systems security with wireless communications systems would certainly help
* Worked with Product Managers / R&D teams in house / remotely
* The ability to understand technical requirements and translate these into Technical documentation and/or Systems Specifications is vital
* Handle contractual conditions with service providers / systems integration partners (I.T and telecoms companies)
* Excellent project management and planning skills
* Deal confidently with customers and suppliers
* Ideally be able to speak a second European Language but this is not a prerequisite
You will be enthusiastic about learning about new and innovative products/systems, be a flexible and self motivated.
You must be prepared to travel domestically and into Europe for maybe up to 1 week at a time.
Please be aware that I will not be accepting CV's from applicants who do not demonstrate practical experience in: -
* Wireless data communication protocols, ideally Bluetooth / GSM, Zigbee / DLMS / COSEM / 4G / GPRS etc
* Software / Firmware / Systems development
* A product management / product development driven environment
* Technical specifications - interfaced with customers and R&D teams
* A commercial environment, be it business development / sales support etc
* Have an Electronics / Telecommunications / Computer Science / Systems Engineering based Degree
For more information and to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering email to explain why you feel you should be considered for this post.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
iNTECH Recruitment act as both an employment agency for all permanent positions and as an employment business for temporary contract positions.
Skill words: network, solution, integration, product, architect, telecom, embedded, specification, GPRS, GSM, SMS, Bluetooth, system, telecom, interface, protocol, smart meter, communication, electronics, DLMS, Zigbee, applications, technical author, design, specification, HAN, WAN, wireless