|Job Ref:||204628069||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||-||City:||Saudi Arabia||Address:||Salary:||£54000/annum car +bonus + additional benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:30|
Role: System Design Engineer|
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: £54k, tax free, excellent benefits
A superb opportunity for a Systems Design Engineer to join a Blue Chip Telecommunications company on multi billion programme of work on behalf of prestigious clients. The project is ongoing and will continue for a number of years.
The Systems Design Engineer will undertake the following objectives:
• To produce end to end system solutions, cost-effective and low-risk designs compliant with customers' requirements, through-life design, capable of onward implementation and support by the company
• Maintaining position as systems knowledge expert.
• Proficient delivery of systems solutions in accordance with established contractual obligations and company process and procedures (Design Review, Configuration Control, System Acceptance and Documentation).
• Working closely with project teams and recording any agreed tailoring of company System Engineering processes
• Provide technical architecture functions for bids and projects.
• Support business development activity for new proposals and tasks.
• Ensuring company Engineering governing principles are adhered to by delivery teams to maintain consistency and a high level of technical assurance
• To work closely with other business functions as part of project delivery (Customer, New Business, Project Delivery and Managed Services).
• Provide a versatile engineering contribution across the company business
The System Design Engineer will have responsibilities to include:
• Responsible for Systems Requirements Management for assigned projects (clarification, agreement and traceability)
• Capacity to provide Engineering support across the project lifecycle: Support for requirements development; take ownership for Design Review and Technical Assurance activities; planning of and assurance of Test and Acceptance activities.
o Support the development & management of project requirements
o Creation of Acceptance Test Plans (ATP)
o Assurance of test schedules, results and population of VCRI
o On-site verification of Sub-Contractors test activities
• Provide Engineering Management role as required to support the timely delivery of technical artefacts in line with project scheduling.
o Creation of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
o Ownership of technical risks
o Coordination of Engineering deliverables
• Provide technical sub-contractor management of external and internal providers
• Produce Systems Engineering Management Plans showing engineering responsibilities across multiple stakeholders, key acceptance milestones and strategy, application of governance, change management and engineering organisation structures.
• Implement configuration control plans for specific projects
• Engineering manage the supplier community through collaborative working, joint reviews and assurance and the specification of requirements, assumptions and statements of work.
• Considering System of Systems aspects, work closely with other Engineering Design Authority roles to maintain best practices and consistency between projects across the company.
• Act as professional mentor for Systems Engineers (where required)
• Identify and communicate any potential areas for improvement associated to processes, tools or ways of working.
Skills and experience required:
• Experience and knowledge on System Engineering Lifecycle.
• Knowledge in integration of systems and systems-of-systems.
• Knowledge of IP Networks, IP Telephony, Encryption and Network Management.
• Knowledge of CCTV systems, bearer systems (such as Tetra and Microwave) and Power systems (including UPS's).
• Ability to technically manage sub-contractors.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
• Ability to write technical requirements and design documents, scope of work, survey reports, technical presentation, acceptance and migration plan
• Must have a flexible approach in supporting peers within the team
• Self-starter, able to work with a minimum of supervision.
• Good communication skills -written and spoken.
• Ability to communicate concisely at a senior level within the organisation.
• Must have a flexible approach and be able to travel throughout the country, potentially with the minimum of notice
• High levels of drive and tenacity to achieve project timings
Desirable experience includes:
• Business experience in the Defence sector
• Degree educated Computing science/engineering discipline or HND/HNC with sound experience of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle