|Job Ref:||204627839||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Fareham||Address:||Post Code:||PO14||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:30|
Our client are a major satellite communication provider currently seeking a network support engineer to join them in their Fareham offices.
IP Networking for Satellite communications
- Provide Level 1 support for all provided products and services.
- Provide customer support for all reported problems either remotely or via different form of media (Chat, e-mail, phone) for all customers.
- Generate, update, close, and escalate tickets for all reported problems by using Incident Management System.
- Comprehend processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities for GSA Level 1 support.
- Able to provide guidance and directive to subordinates.
- Assist the leadership and Specialist team with implementing technical documents, processes, and procedures.
- Review network load/capacity and coordinate to load balance.
- Investigate network and terrestrial outages by working with our vendors to rectify problems.
- Execute recommendations for routine network load balancing.
- Proactive monitoring of sites and investigate reason for outage in order to take action based on customer expectation.
- Able to review technical documents in order to troubleshoot and resolve RF and IP components of telecommunication systems using specialised software and test equipment to ensure systems, components and services are working satisfactorily.
- Analyse diagnostic tools and monitoring software to proactively interpret problems or symptoms that can lead to equipment failure or degradation of network or site efficiency. Take action to resolve such anomalies prior to failure impacting customer services.
- Follow published standard operating procedures.
- Generate or publish reports for technical assignments.
- Meet all HSE requirements and certifications to perform job duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer oriented Technical Support Operator with in-depth knowledge in IP Networking.
- Satellite communications experience.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to Operator Support Engineers.
- Degree in networking/communications engineering (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Excellent English both written and verbal. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Full understating of Routing and Switching protocols (VLANs, HSRP, Dynamic Routing Protocols, MPLS).
- Advanced knowledge on LAN/WAN Optimization, BGP, QoS and Security. Riverbed & Fortinet experience a plus
- Solid understanding of VoiP and complex transport system hardware and software architectures.
- Cisco Certified (CCNA-CCNP).
- Capacity and professionalism in the compilation of document and procedures.
- Good skills in MS-Office environment (Word, Excel & Project)
- Basics of RF (Satellite/Microwave) communications and IP Networking (Cisco experience preferred)
- Able to maintain a professional demeanour in a highly demanding environment