|Job Ref:||204625342||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:55|
Every time you pick up the phone, 'surf the net', travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are we have enabled the communications infrastructure to make this happen. |
With annual revenues of over £310 million and over 1,800 employees in the UK, we're a technology services company with literally decades of experience providing a broad range of network and communications services across a variety of industries.
We are currently looking for a Rail Telecoms Team Leader to join our Project Team at telent in East Anglia.
The day-to-day leadership, management and coordination of the TOC maintenance team in order that proactive corrective and preventive maintenance productivity is maximised, whilst maintaining the highest standards of safety and quality.
You will be responsible for the day to day leadership and management of a TOC maintenance team in order to achieve the highest levels of system availability through a combination of preventive and corrective engineering activities.
Specifically, you will:
* Manage the interfaces between the team and other telent representatives, subcontractors, customers and representatives of other designated contractors.
* Ensuring that preventive and corrective activities are carried out in accordance with the appropriate engineering, safety, quality and environmental standards.
What we are looking for:
Several years experience in a similar maintenance discipline and in leading a team within a maintenance environment.
We are also looking for:
* Knowledge of CIS, CCTV, PHP, Clock and PA communications systems and their application within a rail transportation environment for the control of communications sub-systems.
* A good level of knowledge and understanding of computer and data communications protocols and interfaces including IP networks RS 485/232.
PTS is desirable
Demonstrates effective problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
We offer a competitive rate which includes:
* Competitive benefits, including a company vehicle.
* Personal pension scheme
* 25 days annual leave plus Public Holidays
* Career development mentoring
* Support for ongoing professional development
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion