|Job Ref:||204625329||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||-||City:||Saudi Arabia||Address:||Salary:||£54000/annum car, bonus, additional benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:30|
Role: Project Manager - (Radio Systems)|
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: circa £54k + Tax Free + excellent benefits
There is a new opportunity for a Project Manager (Radio Systems) to be involved in a $multi billion project overseas.
The overseas client is only accepting applications from British or Saudi passport holders
The Project Manager (Radio Systems) will have functions to include the following:
• Primary responsibility for the project lifecycle from concept development, selection, design, delivery and implementation, system integration, testing and customer acceptance for radio systems projects to the stakeholder
• Responsible for the project capture and definition of all new business opportunities in order to deliver annual business targets and margin within the deployable systems portfolio area.
• Responsible for the development, management and coordination of supplier selection process to deliver quality and effective outputs in support of the customer requirements.
• Responsible for the development, management, coordination and delivery of deployable systems projects ensuring that all project outputs are delivered within cost, time and quality metrics.
• Responsible to the Programme Manager for fulfilling the contractual responsibilities for the assigned projects and as covered by the terms and conditions of the Contract.
• Ensure the successful completion of assigned projects in relation to performance, cost and delivery timescale.
• Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure effective management and execution of all assigned projects.
• Manage customer expectations through clear baseline specifications, accurate reporting and capturing variations through the project change control procedures.
In addition to the above, the Project Manager will:
• Work with the customer to fully understand customer requirements in order to deliver project outputs.
• Provide regular weekly project highlight reports to Deployed System Programme Manager; manage project exceptions throughout the project lifecycle.
• Manage all projects in accordance with agreed plans and schedule throughout the project lifecycle.
• Manage and coordinate the stakeholder acquisition process in order to deliver annual order intake targets as allocated.
• Manage project resources to ensure all project documentation is produced in accordance to plans and quality, in particular SOR, SOW, ITT, CTP, ILS, ATP, SDD.
• Manage, coordinate and produce outputs for all project reviews including gate reviews, design reviews, project risk and planning reviews as a minimum.
• Support the Programme Manager in the production of customer reports including weekly Technical Committee, monthly programme delivery working group and quarterly reports.
• Ensure risks are defined, maintained, reported and mitigation plans are followed to reduce project risk and exploit opportunities.
• Produce, maintain and implement project management plans including schedules, documentation, and configuration control and risk management.
• Ensure all projects follow thorough testing and acceptance practices in order to ensure project outputs meet requirements and standards as agreed with the customer.
• Capture and produce lessons throughout the project lifecycle in order to improve processes and procedures.
• Coordinate with department / functional heads, resource owners and PMO to ensure sufficient resources are allocated to meet project plans.
• Coordinate with the finance department for all financial aspects of assigned projects.
• Coordinate with the commercial department for all commercial and contractual aspects of assigned projects.
• Coordinate with the quality department to ensure all aspects of project quality are delivered in accordance with defined standards.
• Coordinate with training specialist and Managed Services training staff for the design, testing, acceptance and documentation in support of training projects.
• Where required, coordinate with Managed Services for the delivery and handover of projects on the requirements for Transition, Quality Assurance and Acceptance Testing.
• Anticipate and proactively to manage all project activities, milestones and financial targets.
• Develop effective working relationships and trust with the customer and sub-contractors.
• Adopt a disciplined approach to ensure effective project planning and control.
• Apply the company lifecycle management to all assigned projects.
• Update project databases, risk registers and documentation as required for the projects assigned
The Project Manager (Radio Systems) will have the following skills/experience:
• Several years' relevant project management experience.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
• Detailed technical understanding and experience of TETRA and GSM technologies and project implementation
• Proven track record of delivering successful radio network projects
• Must hold a recognised Project Management qualification (PRINCE 2, APMP).
• Excellent communications skills and be highly computer literate in the range of MS Office products.
• Demonstrable record of effective liaison and communication with customers and suppliers
• Possess a valid driving license from country of origin.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Must be fluent in English
• Must hold a British or Saudi Passport
Additional skills/experience which are desirable include:
• An understanding and experience in the other radio communications systems, such as microwave, satellite, etc.
• Sound knowledge and experience of managing budgets and resources.
• Sound understanding of project management and commercial practices