|Job Ref:||204630006||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Bonus, Pension||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
Server Engineer, Data Centre, Cloud, VMWare VSphere, NetApp, Cisco|
Server Engineer / Data Centre Manager.
This is a new position, that will offer the incoming Server Engineer / Data Centre Manager the opportunity to take full ownership over all all aspects of the data centre Infrastructure.
Information on the role:
* Designing and implementing regional solutions for the organization in our 2 Data centres located in London and Amsterdam
* You will assist with capacity planning and risk management, and make recommendations for strategic decisions based on current technology trends.
* Analyze system requirements and ensure that systems have adequate resources and security.
* In this role and you will be responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure
* As such, it is essential that you have previous project delivery experience and are capable of providing project transition to operational teams, documenting systems and processes clearly and comprehensively and be able to communicate
* Design, install, and engineer new storage purchases
* Review storage systems and advise on recommended upgrades or changes
* Produce detailed high and low level design proposals to ensure that they are delivered on time, meet the approved business requirements, align with IT strategy and represent good value for money
* Conduct and participate in technical design sessions with the relevant technology specialists (internal and external), and accurately capture and document the output in order to progress the design process
* Data centre capacity planning and improvements
* Review of current technologies to identify and rectify any weaknesses
* Drive projects forward to fruition to realize major benefits
* Managing the hand-over of completed projects
* Support EMEA IT teams with other tasks / projects as and when required
* Liaising with third party vendors
* Proactive in approach to issues and business needs
Required technical experience
* Microsoft Systems Administration/System Engineer certification
* Knowledge of Storage technologies including NetApp, Dell, Cisco UCS
* Working networking knowledge including Cisco and Kemp Technologies
* VMWare VSphere
* Knowledge of cloud hosted environments and design
If this sounds like a position that appeals - one that gives autonomy, responsibility and access to board level stakeholders whilst still staying very hands on with technology - then please get in touch ASAP with your CV.
Server Engineer, Data Centre, Cloud, VMWare VSphere, NetApp, Cisco