|Job Ref:||204629039||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£23000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:55|
Infrastructure Technical Analyst - 2nd Line Support|
Cardiff - Commutable from Newport, Cwmbran, Bridgend, Bristol
£23,000 - £30,000
Our ambitious and highly innovative, market leading IT client is seeking a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer, to help provide technical support services to a diverse and exciting customer base. Following their rapid growth and success in winning a large number of multimillion pound contracts, they are keen to expand their team in order to keep up with customer demand.
Our client has both Dell and Microsoft Partner status and is a champion of embracing Virtualisation and Cloud based advancements. This means you will be exposed to a large amount of server and virtualisation work giving you opportunities that aren't found at the 2nd line level in other organisations. Another part of what makes it a great place to work is a fun and vibrant team culture that encourages innovation and they are an advocate of recognising ability and rewarding hard work.
If you are a hardworking, highly technical 2nd line engineer with excellent customer service skills then this is the role for you!
What you will be doing:
* 2nd line technical support including Virtualisation, Windows Server, Networking and Backups.
* Acting as the main point of contact for escalation for multi-user issues from the service desk.
* Hardware installations and software deployments as part of support and project activity, both remotely and at customer sites.
* Make recommendations for continuous service improvement through adoption of new technologies.
* Experience providing excellent customer service whilst work under pressure to SLA's.
* Experience providing Windows Server Support - 2003/2008/2012, Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft Office.
* Exposure to virtualisation technologies e.g. VMware, Hyper-V etc.
* Exposure to firewalls and backup technologies.
* Network Experience e.g. Cisco Support.
* Exposure to Office 365
* Exposure to Apple-OSX
* Full and Clean driving license