|Job Ref:||204629038||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Blackpool||Address:||Post Code:||FY3||Salary:||£500 - £575/day||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
Oracle Database Administrator - up to £575/ day - ~12 month contract - Blackpool*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold BPSS + DS clearance or be willing to undergo.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Oracle DBA to join one of our key central government clients in Blackpool. The successful candidate will have an excellent knowledge of modern digital technologies and technical architectures, especially open source and open standards and an exceptionally high level of digital literacy. You will provide hands-on technical leadership in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of a complex, transformational digital service.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* Administer, support and maintain Oracle database services as directed and according to departmental policy and process
* Administer, Support and maintain application servers and Oracle E-Business Suite instances across development, test and production environments
* Apply E-Business Suite application and database patches
* Promote custom software deliveries to test and production environments
* Be responsible for backups and backup operational procedures
* Works in a team of IT Operations specialists and engineers ensuring services are delivered and operated as required
* Work with and supporting third parties in the provision and continuous improvement of IT Operations services
* Provide input in to overall management - workforce, budget, projects and tasks, technology roadmaps
* Provide capability to projects, developments and campaigns
* Oversee and support the performance and development of capability in junior team members.
* Preparations and support of IT Operations solutions and services, physical or virtual according to industry and organisational best practise standards and service requirements and KPIs throughout the lifecycle
* Creating and maintaining documentation
* Performing all routine tasks according to process and checklists
* Performing and/or overseeing the operation and support of all solutions - servers and storage, networking and application environments
* Monitoring of operational services and alerts and taking appropriate action
* Managing and progressing of incidents and problems, acting as 3rd line support for incidents, problems and changes to solutions and services Provide technical support and assistance to projects ensuring delivery of requisite non-functional requirements
Essential skills and experience:
* In-depth experience of Oracle Database Administration, to version 12c
* In-depth experience of Oracle Application Server administration
* Experience of working with high volume, high availability databases and applications
* Administration of Oracle E-Business Suite 11.5.10 and R12
* Experience of impacting and applying patches to Oracle E-Business Suite and databases
* Extensive performance tuning at database and application level
* Experience of working with highly available applications and maximum availability architectures
* Operations and support of IT Operations, infrastructure and application technologies and solutions - hardware, software, commercial off the shelf (COTS) and opensource packages/solutions, virtual and cloud including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
* ITIL Service Operation (particularly Request Fulfilment, Incident/Problem/Change Management) and with experience of Service Transition.
* Monitoring and event management.
* Data management regulations and policies and Information Lifecycle Management frameworks and solutions.
Desirable skills and experience:
* Exposure to/or technical capability across projects and service lifecycle e.g. applications development, DevOps, solutions architecture, Operational Acceptance Testing, service support.
* Service reporting - production of management information and reports, dashboards etc.
* Supporting services that are aligned to the business strategy and operational requirements.
* Deep knowledge of Directory and Authorisation services.
* Exposure to structured problem management and troubleshooting