|Job Ref:||204628585||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cwmbran||Address:||Post Code:||NP44||Salary:||£20000 - £22000/annum pension, healthcare, laptop, mobile||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:55|
Would you like to work for a leading global manufacturer to provide them with day to day IT support?|
AWARD WINNING MANUFACTURER. LARGE HEADCOUNT ONSITE. PART OF A GLOBAL ORGANISATION. IT Support Technician required to join a leading manufacturing organisation with a long track record within South Wales.
The role is to replace a member of staff who is relocating to another of their sites and there will be a lengthy handover period for the new IT professional to get fully up to speed with the site and network.
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 + pension, healthcare, laptop, mobile phone, etc.
The Role: The successful IT Support Technician will report into the Operations Manager onsite and be responsible for the day to day first line support as well as liaising with other parts of the global group to solve any 2nd or 3rd line support issues which arise.
Responsibilities will include:
* Providing overall support to all aspects of the IT infrastructure at site level to ensure maximum uptime
* Building effective relationships with colleagues and the business to ensure effective IT service delivery
* The IT Support Technician will analyse and propose methods of improving service delivery in local site
* Actively participating in projects as required to improve systems
* Actively participating in the global organisation initiatives as required by IT Management
* Some out of hours working may be required as part of this role outside of general working hours (usually on the weekend while production is down - time off in lieu available as part of this arrangement)
* Some travel may be required as part of this role
The Candidate: IT Support Technician
* Previous experience within an IT support role is essential
* The IT Support Technician must hold a degree level qualification in a relevant IT / Computing related field
* Experience with Microsoft 2010 and 2013 servers is needed
* Networking skills are desirable
* Experience of supporting critical software programmes required to meet business objectives is needed
* Familiarity with liaising with external staff for 2nd or 3rd line support is desirable
* Must take pride in their work and be conscientious
* Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative is required
* The flexibility and ability to work overtime is needed
* Must have excellent communication skills
* Must be motivated and enthusiastic
We will contact you within 2 working days if your CV is relevant for the position