|Job Ref:||204628445||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Folkestone||Address:||Post Code:||CT19||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
Systems Analyst |
Salary - up to £35k
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a prestigious organisation based in Kent as a Systems Analyst. The successful Systems Analyst will be expected to have good analytical skills to establish user requirements and present any potential improvements in a language that all stakeholders will be able to understand.
Currently in a database transition period to a new SQL Server database supported by C#.Net, developers must be highly competent with Microsoft technologies in order to design, develop and implement changes to the new database.
* A strong understanding of and experience with IT development lifecycle
* Previous experience in a web development role
* Relevant programming knowledge
* Modern .NET development approach, covering MVC (C#.NET) and TDD
* Thorough understanding of HTML, CSS and client-side scripting frameworks
* Oracle PL/SQL and/or SQL Server T-SQL/SSIS/DTS would be advantageous
* Good analytical, systems and design skills
* Adapts quickly to changing priorities and workloads
* Takes ownership of deliverables
* Innovative thinking.
* Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects
* Methodical and well organised
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Work with Business Analyst, Tech Architect and business stakeholders to understand technical requirements.
* Detailed analysis of user requirements for new systems and the continued maintenance/enhancement of current systems. Provide advice where alternative solutions exist.
* Provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements/new systems requested by the business.
* Produce Functional Specifications using jargon free language which can be understood by users. Give formal presentations where appropriate.
* Produce Technical Specifications where appropriate.
* Systems design.
* Programming in relevant languages as appropriate with adherence to best practice in security, usability and accessibility.
* Unit testing, system testing and user training. Assist users with their acceptance testing.
* Ensure that all work undertaken has been documented on the correct forms with authorising signatures in place before putting the fix/enhancement/new system forward for application to the 'live' environment.
* There will be project work too complete, which should be done in a professional manner.
* Manage any risks or controls delegated to this position as detailed in the relevant risk registers, in line with the business's risk policy
We will always email you a full role specification, name our client and wait for your email authorisation before we send your CV to this organisation. Deerfoot IT: Est. 1997. REC member. ISO certified. *Each time we send a CV to a recruiting client we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation (charity no. 1070906).
Deerfoot is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy