|Job Ref:||204626911||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£48000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
DBA Manager - Leeds city centre.|
StepChange Debt Charity is seeking a DBA Manager to join our team in Leeds City Centre. The successful candidate will work Monday to Friday either 9am-5pm or 8am-4pm. You will receive a salary of circa £48,000 per annum plus benefits.
We are embarking on a journey to transform and modernise our IT Services and ways of working through close collaboration and partnerships. We are achieving this by passionately embracing new technology and empowering multi-disciplined teams to deliver ambitious strategic objectives through creativity, innovation and forward thinking.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Microsoft SQL server DBA Manager to join our IT Department within the UK's leading debt advice charity, providing a range of practical and effective services to help our clients get their finances back in shape and their lives back on track. That's what makes working here so rewarding. You're not just doing a job, you're making a genuine and positive difference to people when they need it most. It's rewarding in other ways too. Our colleagues tell us that they enjoy being part of such a friendly, welcoming and supportive environment. You also have a chance to join at a time where you can help shape the future of the charity's processes and IT services
Your responsibilities as our DBA Manager will include:
- Responsible for maintenance and security of all databases, delivering optimum availability, security (including data backups), and performance
- Manage workload across reactive live support work, database administration, project development, and proactive improvement work
- Providing support, resolution and restoration of services to agreed service levels and ensuring issues are appropriately prioritised.
- Design and develop SQL Server databases and SQL Server architecture understanding complex database theory, and best practice, to ensure databases are available, maintainable and scalable, and deliver acceptable performance.
- Ensuring non-production environments are provided, populated and fully controlled and maintained
- Managing a team of DBA's
To become our DBA Manager you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- SQL Server (Apply online only) Installation & Configuration
- Administration including Security, Replication, Indexes
- Back-ups, Restores, Recovery Models
- High proficiency in Transact-SQL including Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions
- SSIS especially ETL processes and SSRS
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Ability to achieve excellent and high quality results
- Flexible approach to manage, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Experience managing / leading a team of Support DBA's
- The ability to mentor and develop a team effectively whilst driving improved performance in line with SLA's.
As a charity we are focused on doing the right thing for our clients, colleagues and society as a whole, whilst maintaining a commercial drive to deliver on our commitments. We embrace the opportunities and risks of championing new exciting technologies by having the courage to fail, ensuring we learn quickly and positively from our mistakes.
If you have the skills and experience to become our DBA Manager, please click 'apply' today.
StepChange Debt Charity is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we place great importance and value in the training and development of all our colleagues