|Job Ref:||204626406||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Folkestone||Address:||Post Code:||CT19||Salary:||£33000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
Internal IT Support|
Based in Folkestone
Salary - Up to £35,000
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Internal IT Support Consultant to join a well-established, insurance market leader who offer a progressive and supportive environment to work in.
As a successful IT Support Consultant you will be responsible for the day-to-day support of a range of Group infrastructure applications including Security applications (Websense, IPS, Tripwire, Safend), Business applications (Qfiniti, Speech Analytics), Monitoring and Inventory applications (SolarWinds, LANDesk) and Messaging and Collaboration applications (Email, Office 365, Video Conferencing).
Provide 2nd & 3rd line application and infrastructure support.
Take ownership of incidents escalated from the IT Help Desk.
Work to diagnose and resolve incidents within the target resolution time, keeping the customer updated where appropriate.
Engage other technical groups or 3rd parties to develop a technical resolution.
Ensure that the incident record in the service management tool is kept updated at all times and that full resolution information is supplied.
Escalate high severity incidents to the appropriate IT manager.
Raise incidents to 3rd parties where required to provide technical support.
Supervise all work carried out by 3rd parties on production and development applications and infrastructure.
Knowledge and Experience preferred:
* Customer focus - a well-developed individual with a professional, consistent positive attitude towards the customer. Acts on behalf of the customer to resolve IT issues efficiently.
* Has a good technical and functional understanding of a range of security, business, monitoring, inventory, messaging and collaboration applications.
* Good service partner management skills.
* Methodical approach to problem solving, works through a problem in a controlled, logical manner using a consistent approach enabling an efficient resolution to both simple and complex problems.
* Good communication skills - able to relay key messages to a wide range of people.
* Has a flexible approach and is able to react and respond to changing situations within the business and IT team.
* Able to learn new technologies quickly by utilising existing knowledge of other systems.
* Able to work with minimum supervision to tight deadlines.
* Knowledge of ITIL best practice.
* Experience of using and supporting the following products: Check Point firewalls, SolarWinds, Lotus Notes, Websense.
* Awareness of emerging industry products and solutions.
Education and Qualifications:
* Ideally educated to A-level standard or NA towards some form of industry qualification, e.g. Avaya ACA, Microsoft MCSE
If you are determined and dedicated Application Support professional, then this vacancy could be the key to unlocking a great career with real potential.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 15 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation. We see each applicant as an individual and will treat you accordingly.
We would love to talk to you to give you more information about our client and discuss the role.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on (Apply online only) for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion