|Job Ref:||204625706||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£26000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:46|
On-site IT Engineer, London, £26-30k|
A highly successful and well recognised company specialising in training and education for professional qualifications in a range of expert fields. A distinctive supportive and welcoming culture making this a highly sought after organisation to work for.
Our client is looking for an on-site IT engineer to join their team. The onsite engineer is responsible for providing technical expertise in facilitating the smooth running of the IT platforms across the organisation. You will be expected to maximise the service delivery of educational services to our customers and also to maximise productivity. You will be assigned several sites by the team leader and you will be directly responsible in managing them to a high professional standard.
You will be responsible for:
* Take responsibility for the smooth running of all student facing desktops; laptops; tablets; smart devices; Operating Systems and applications for all classrooms, student library areas, Internet cafés and other student facing areas.
* Provide support to all internal staff for all desktop; laptop; tablet; smart devices; operating systems and application issues.
* Provide remote assistance using prescribed tools such as; GoToAssist, SCCM Remote Tool, Lync and/or Skype for Business.
* Provide support for any IT related issue as direct by management.
* Provide training and supporting documents for the Customer Service Advisors Team in basic classroom support for PCs and audio visual presentation equipment.
* Produce technical training guides and documentation to share knowledge with our team including the service desk.
* Produce non-technical training guides and documentation to aid self-help for staff.
* Assist the Customer Service Advisors Team with any queries that arise during daily checks of all classroom IT equipment.
* Provide hands on support for other IT teams, i.e. Networks, Security, Server Admin, Applications and Telephony as required
* Take ownership of incidents and professionally manage them through to resolution or timely escalation.
* Ensure all incidents, issues and changes are recorded by users through the service desk.
* Manage incidents; problems and changes through IT360 (ticket management tool)
* Provide common solutions in IT360 for the service desk team and contribute to the integrated knowledge base
What they are looking for
* ITIL Foundation Certification
* MCP Qualification
* Solid knowledge of cloud-hosted business applications with Office 365
* Solid knowledge in Microsoft Office (Apply online only)
* Solid understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server (Apply online only)
* Microsoft Outlook configuration, troubleshooting, housekeeping and administration
* Cisco switch knowledge and experience
* Solid background in Active Directory
* Network troubleshooting (including wireless), IP, DHCP, DNS
* A high level of knowledge in software packaging and deployment in SCCM.
* Desktop and laptop imaging using direct methods; lite touch or zero touch and SCCM deployment
* Basic Scripting
* Computer Based Assessment software configuration and support
* Smart phone, iPad and Windows tablet user support.
* Desktop PC and laptop hardware, troubleshooting
* Printer troubleshooting and management
* Remote access via Citrix and Cisco VPN
* Projector and audio visual maintenance and support