|Job Ref:||204624770||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£230/day||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
Desktop Support Team Lead |
- £230 per day
- 6 month contract
- Role based in Cambridge
As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain`s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as a Desktop Support Team Lead.
This role is designed to support the existing EMEA Desktop Support Manager. We are looking for a strong hands on technical person who can also act as an initial point of escalation for the Desktop Support team in NA addition to being a member of the Desktop Support team, the role also includes team leader responsibilities which include:
- Task allocation of and monitoring of support tickets
- Ensuring our high service levels are maintained
- Technical mentor for all support staff
- Ensuring key operational task are carried out
- Managing the day to day activities of the Cambridge Desktop Support team; as well as performing those same tasks.
- Being a point of escalation for the team.
- Troubleshooting Linux, MacOS and Windows computers
- Troubleshooting conference telephones and Video Conference facilities.
- Printer maintenance and setup.
- Manning hardware/hands on drop-in room.
- PC Hardware build, deployment, repairs and support
The candidate should have good technical knowledge of at least 2 of the following; Linux; Ideally Ubuntu and Centos, MacOS and Windows. The candidate must have good knowledge of Intel hardware and software. The candidate must also be able to demonstrate hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working in a role which involved mentoring other members of staff.
- Good Windows knowledge
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of PC hardware
- Client TCP/IP knowledge, DHCP, DNS
- Printer setup and management experience.
- Must be able to manage your own and others time and workload.
- Good written communication/ Good documentation skills
- Good face-to-face communication
- Remain calm and correct under pressure
- Feel ownership for any task presented
- Be responsive
- Understand the urgency, importance and impact of incidents
- Great time management
- Must be able to work in an ever-changing environment