|Job Ref:||204624590||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£170/day||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
Desktop Support Engineer|
- £170 per day
- 3 month contract
- Role based in Cambridge
As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain`s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as a Desktop Support Engineer.
The candidate should have good technical knowledge of at least 2 of the following; Linux; Ideally Ubuntu and Centos, MacOS and Windows. The candidate must have good knowledge of Intel hardware and software. The candidate must also be able to demonstrate hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Troubleshooting Linux, MacOS and Windows computers
- Troubleshooting conference telephones and Video Conference facilities.
- Printer maintenance and setup.
- Manning hardware/hand on drop in room.
- PC Hardware repairs and support
- Good Windows knowledge
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of PC hardware
- Client TCP/IP knowledge, DHCP, DNS
- Printer setup and management experience.
- Video Conferencing experience
- Good Linux/Unix knowledge
- MacOS X knowledge
- Experience of IP Telephony
- LDAP/NIS understanding
- Active Directory experience
- Good written communication/Good documentation skills
- Good face-to-face communication
- Remain calm and correct under pressure
- Feel ownership for any task presented
- Be responsive
- Understand the urgency, importance and impact of incidents
- Great time management
- Must be able to work in an ever-changing environment