|Job Ref:||204627910||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£28000 - £30000/annum benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
Senior Service Desk Technician West Midlands |
to c£28k-£30k neg dep exp + generous benefits
Our multi-million-pound turnover client has been established for more than 20 years and specialise in the provision of IT and technology products and solutions to a diverse client base across the UK, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and highly self-motivated Senior Service Desk Technician to complement their established and successful in-house team.
Tasked with supporting both internal and external customer systems, the successful candidate will provide IT support to customers remotely and over the phone whilst ensuring that Service Level Agreement terms are adhered to at all times, documenting and retaining detailed case notes on to the company systems as appropriate and working with a range of customers and engineers to resolve ongoing technical issues.
With essential previous experience of having worked in a relevant Technical Support environment or in a field service and installation capacity, you will act as the point of escalation and reference for more advanced technical issues whilst guiding and mentoring other engineers and keeping abreast of the latest platforms and technological developments within the industry.
With your proven experience of working closely with customers to work through issues with a high degree of professionalism and attentiveness, you will take ownership of a problem through to its' successful resolution and will demonstrate exceptional communication skills at all levels to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained consistently as well as the ability to work effectively within a pressurised environment.
Essential experience for this varied and challenging opportunity includes:
* Microsoft Server Windows (Apply online only) - Active Directory, Group Policy deployment / management, Windows Desktops XP - 8
* Exchange Server (Apply online only) - inc. Mail flow troubleshooting, Powershell
* Virtualization - VMware ESX 4 & 5, Hyper V
* SAN - Netapp and its Snapshotting technologies, EMC and HP SAN.
* Networking troubleshooting, familiar with Layer 2/3 switching & VLAN configuration.
* Firewall experience to include Sonicwall NSA/TZ range, and Aventail products.
* Must be familiar with IPSec/L2TP, Firewall/NAT, Single Sign On, WIFI configuration and Remote access setup and troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of Antivirus Software, AVG, SOPHOS, Symantec & Kaspersky
* Citrix products - Xenapp, Citrix Access Gateway and/or Netscaler Technologies
* Backup exec software
Additional experience in the use of Xen desktop, VMWare VDI, Kaseya, 2 factor Authentication (PIN Safe - Swivel, Vasco, RSA), WIFI (ideally Ruckus) and any Linux experience will prove distinctly advantageous. It is envisaged that the successful Senior Service Desk Technician will possess relevant IT qualifications including MCP/MCSA/MCSE/MCITP/CCNA/ITILv3/CompTIA Network+ or similar qualifications to back up their technical knowledge. Contact the Service Team at Premier Technical Recruitment on (Apply online only) or email your cv in the strictest confidence to (url removed) for further details