|Job Ref:||204627632||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Salary:||£48000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
£48,000 +£5,500 car allowance|
• Networks has responsibility for the day to day planning, delivery and management of technology and network services to customers and business partners.
• Also responsible for the provision and maintenance of internal technology services across the businesses.
• Field Operations include roles tasked with the deployment and maintenance of network components, services, or platforms.
• Project implementation and maintenance support of bespoke LAN Solutions on behalf of our client.
• Works closely with the following internal customers:
• Project Management. To ensure successful delivery of project within budgets and customer timescales.
• Business Solutions Group (BSG). To liaise in order to support bids/tenders. This can include customer meetings, site surveys etc.
• Business Design Team (BDT). To liaise with BDT in order to complete LSDD documentation.
• Sales. To pass on Sales leads/opportunities in order to increase revenues within the Business
• Fault Management Centre (FMC). To update the FMC on the status of faults in a timely manner.
• Supply Chain. To interface with stores and procurement regarding stock items for standard/bespoke projects. Follow standard returns processes vendor specific.
The following behaviours should be displayed at all times:
• Brilliant Customer Service ( listening to our customers, exceeding their expectations)
• Value for money (delivering more that our customers expect, being open and honest)
• Good Quality ( Attention to detail, delivering on our promises)
• Innovative and Challenging (Finding better ways of doing things, inspiring our customers)
• Strong customer facing skills.
• Sound understanding of Data Networking technologies and concepts.
• Experience in delivering Data Networking projects/solutions.
• Experience in fault finding/problem resolution on Data Networking products.
• Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Terminal Emulation).
• Good presentation skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Capable of running customer demonstrations.
• To provide technical resource knowledge within customer meetings.
• Internal and external customer presentations.
• Providing bespoke internal engineering technical training sessions.
• To influence key customer business decision makers with technology requirements.
• To provide technical design guidance to internal BSG/ BDT departments.
• To provide technical design guidance to external customers.
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills
• To implement projects within budget and within customer timescales and following the design documentation handed over by BSG/BDT.
• This will also include completion of handover documentation to the customer.
• To be the "Lead Engineer" on major projects and be the main technical point of contact throughout the life of the project.
• To provide "Time Estimates" relating to Data Services project work for the Business Solutions Group (BSG)
• To resolve faults passed by the FMC within the customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) and update in a timely manner. Target: 95% of all fault calls to be completed within the customer SLA.
• To undertake and complete LAN Audits using the appropriate analysis tools and produces a detailed report for our customers.
• Test and develop customer solutions within the Lab environment in order to support both new and existing customers.
• To carry out solution demonstrations to our customers within the Lab area as required.
• To support and mentor the wider Data Services Engineering team technically in order to promote good team building and knowledge sharing.
• To participate in the team out of hours "on call" faults rota
• To support Consultant engineers and escalate issues/faults as required.
• To work within the company's Health & Safety processes and procedures. (e.g. ladder safety etc.)
• To continually develop technical skills and renew accreditations in order to support Cisco Gold requirement.
• To accurately complete a Data Services weekly timesheet in order to maximise the monthly recharge figure.
• Adhere to agreed company policies/procedures.
• To support/mentor all levels of Data Services engineers, Apprentices, new starters and NetBus engineers technically in order to promote good team building and knowledge sharing.
• Specific vendor qualifications are desirable but not essential for any role. However, the DSE should have equivalent experience demonstrating that they are capable of being at that level without accreditation.
• Security clearance is desirable but not essential to all DSE roles.
• Demonstrate a willingness to embrace new technologies.
• To provide stand-in support to your DSM as required.
• To undertake a lead role for your regional team supporting national goals as required.
• Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching (or equivalent experience/vendor).The DSE should have equivalent experience demonstrating that they are capable of being at that level without accreditation.
• Additional technical specialism expertise essential. These being:-
• Data Centre
• Unified Communications
• Advanced Routing and Switching (IPv6, Multicasting)
• Full UK Driving license required
• Educated to minimum GCSE level to include English and Mathematics.
• Exposure to Wireless surveys and implementation
• Exposure to CUCM or equivalent set up and basic configuration.
• Exposure to Security basic configuration.
• Experience/Qualification in Microsoft Server/Workstation products.
• To be security vetted to SC level.
• To be CRB cleared