|Job Ref:||204627478||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Folkestone||Address:||Post Code:||CT19||Salary:||£40000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
Our client is looking for a new Data Networks Support Engineer! |
Based in Folkestone
£35,000 - £40,000
Working hours: 9am - 5pm
You will be on-call so a degree of flexibility is required A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Data Networks Support Engineer to work for a well-established, consumer focused organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity for a customer aware, confident and motivated candidate to join this respected business.
About the Data Networks Support Engineer
You will be responsible for providing technical support to the network infrastructure, performing moves and changes as well as making enhancements.
Key duties include:
* Undertaking 2nd and 3rd line network fault investigations
* Producing method statements in line with required change control procedures to support changes to the network infrastructure
* Supporting and administering the firewall environments in line with company IT security policies
* Performing upgrades to the network infrastructure to latest stable firmware releases
* Performing ad-hoc traffic analysis to help identify the cause of IT system issues
* Undertaking regular capacity and performance reviews of the network infrastructure, making recommendations where necessary
* Providing ad- hoc training, coaching and development to other team members Requirements of the Data Networks Support Engineer
* Due to the nature of the role, experience working as an infrastructure / network engineer, carrying out 3rd line support and installation tasks is essential
* Knowledge of using Cisco or Extreme switches
* Experience in the administration of firewall clusters would be advantageous
* Experience of supporting Wi-Fi networks is extremely desirable
It is also required, due to the nature of the tasks you would be carrying out, that you are CCNA and a Cisco certified network professional.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT professional to join a supportive and successful company.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 15 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation. We see each applicant as an individual and will treat you accordingly.
We would love to talk to you to give you more information about our client and discuss the role.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on (Apply online only) for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion