|Job Ref:||204627280||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Folkestone||Address:||Post Code:||CT19||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
Based in Folkestone
Salary - Up to £35,000
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an IT programmer to join a well-established, insurance market leader who offer a progressive and supportive environment to work in.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our clients Travel Web Development team. We are looking for a skilled programmer with demonstrable experience in utilising C# .Net applications.
* Ability to communicate with business users to capture and document in a clear and concise way the requirements of change
* Programming in relevant languages as appropriate with adherence to best practice in security, usability and accessibility.
* Unit testing, system testing and user training. Assist users with their acceptance testing.
* Ensure that all work undertaken has been documented on the correct forms with authorising signatures in place before putting the fix/enhancement/new system forward for application to the 'live' environment using the Change Management Procedure (Fast Track or Release).
* Ensure that appropriate levels of documentation are in place.
* Any other duties requested by IT Management.
* There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner.
* Manage any risks or controls delegated to this position as detailed in the relevant risk registers, in line with the business's risk policy
Knowledge and Experience preferred:
* Understanding and utilisation experience of core Analysis and Development technologies including C#, (url removed) 4.5, SQL Server 2012 and SQL as well as prevailing tools for modelling/simulation, planning, prototyping and mocking etc.
* Demonstrable knowledge is desirable in preferably Sitecore or another CMS system and tools such as Resharper and GIT.
* Knowledge or understanding of MVVM frameworks, e.g. Knockout, Backbone and Angular.
* Understanding of ECommerce specific coding and testing processes and procedures.
* Good knowledge of windows server application like IIS
* Test Driven Development knowledge
* Knowledge and ability to utilise MVC software architecture framework
* Takes ownership of deliverables, work under own initiative and manages own timescales
* Adapts quickly to changing priorities and workloads
* Understands competing objectives of commercial benefit and internal quality and when to make effective compromises
* Communicates effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel
* Understanding of PCI and OWASP security vulnerabilities
* Good knowledge of W3C usability requirements together with other related legislation such as PCIDSS and cookie regulations
* Good knowledge of testing methodologies
Education and Qualifications preferred:
* Minimum of 2 years web development experience
* Degree level education preferable
If you are a determined and dedicated IT Programmer, then this vacancy could be the key to unlocking a great career with real potential.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 15 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation. We see each applicant as an individual and will treat you accordingly.
We would love to talk to you to give you more information about our client and discuss the role.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on (Apply online only) for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion