|Job Ref:||86165BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Harlow||Address:||Post Date:||26/10/2016 04:04|
Job - Bid and Proposal Manager (ATMS)|
Location - Harlow
Req - 86165BR
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK is recruiting a highly motivated individual to join their successful Air Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) Business; a business which has an ever increasing focus on customer support & growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation, submission and management of all ATMS Bids and Proposals, whether for new business opportunities, or those generated from our broad installed equipment base.
Responsible to the Business Development Executive (BDE), the Bid & Proposals Manager will play a key role in income/profit generation. By its very nature, the role will require significant engagement with both customers and suppliers, and will be supported by the Programme Management, Engineering, Commercial and Supply Chain Functions. The role will be based at our new Harlow facility.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self starter, evidenced by work performance and extra curricular experience and have demonstrated the ability to work accurately, in often time critical circumstances.
The Bids and Proposals Manager will have good communication, interpersonal, planning and organisational skills, and will ideally - but not necessarily - have experience of responding to both government and commercial requests for quotations.
Enthusiasm for a career in an innovative organisation is essential, as is the ambition to succeed.
The Bid & Proposal Manager will provide support to the ATMS leadership team for a wide range of activities to ensure successful operation of the ATMS Business. The role will include the following activities:
• Support the ATMS BDE in developing capture strategies that offer a differentiated customer-focused solution
• Work with the ATMS BDE to develop a bid strategy, implementation plan, and budget and then effectively transition the strategy into action
• Maintaining an ATMS Bid Management Tracker which captures and reports status on all current and impending bid requirements. This should include NBI budget tracking.
• Develop and implement bid management plans with responsibility for the proposal and all associated plans and selling material, together with governance compliance
• Work with the ATMS BDE to drive Bid/Proposal teams to develop a differentiated customer focused solution based on an analysis of customer issues, hot buttons and key performance parameters; and an assessment of competitor's potential solutions
• Drive Bid teams in developing a cost effective solution that meets Price to Win Targets
• Lead and manage Bid/Proposal Teams through all proposal aspects, including, budget administration, resourcing and facilities
• Define and implement a suitable process to fit the Capture/Bid timeline, integrating solution refinement/freeze with proposal development activities
• Ensure ITT requirements are identified and addressed, determines appropriate proposal document structure and manages storyboarding and win theme development activities
• Prepare and train Proposal Team members (as required), in the Proposal process methods to ensure understanding and adherence to the process, practices and schedule
• In coordination with the ATMS BDE, selects reviewers and schedules/organises key proposal reviews to assure proposal material quality, compliance and consistency across the proposal and associated plans and review material
• Manage the business approval process, scheduling all governance reviews and coordinating the production of governance review documentation
• Manage any security and export approvals associated with the bid
• Manage the final editing, production and delivery of the Proposal (utilising proposal production staff)
• Ensure configuration control of all key proposal documentation and ensures effective communication of changes to key stakeholders
• Manage any re-submission or clarification activities through to contract award
Required Skills & Experience
• A highly motivated self starter able to adapt to the fast moving pace of supporting high tempo operations.
• The desire to satisfy the myriad customer requirements, efficiently and on time
• Ability to multitask and be re-tasked at short notice
• Familiar with bid and proposal management processes and techniques
• Methodical, hardworking, accurate and enthusiastic, and able to work well under pressure
• Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
• Proven financial/budget management skills
• Able to use their initiative to identify opportunities to suggest process and performance improvements in order to enhance the service provided to the customer.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and a genuine desire to forge strong relationships with peers and Customers alike.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word Excel and Powerpoint
• Excellent time management skills.
• Proven track record of developing and delivering winning bids
• Degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or business management
• Experience in supporting project or business management.
• Business finance knowledge.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
25 days holiday + statutory holidays Contributory Pension Scheme Life Assurance Flexible Benefits Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the link to the website NA
and search for Req ID: 86165BR. Please complete the on-line instructions to create a profile and upload CV.
Please also view the Raytheon video: NA
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow