|Job Ref:||204630179||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Sidcup||Address:||Post Code:||DA14||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:55|
Our client is a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 35 years, with a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport.|
They are currently looking for a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer to join their growing team based in Sidcup, Kent.
Duties will be:
• This role is predominantly in the Road/Rail planned projects team.
• To perform structural analysis and structural/civil engineering design and/or arrange/check such work performed by others increasingly to Eurocodes and/or other prevailing codes, determined by the rail authority.
• To interface with clients and other disciplines (including M&E, SISS, Architecture, Track and Signals), attending and, as required, chairing and minuting key meetings, and in particular IDC/IDR type rail meetings.
• To react to call outs, attending and/or arranging attendance to site, making key decisions which may impact on the operational railway - above or below ground - or the safety of the public and others and referring to others in the FCGL team as appropriate, preparing clear and concise reports to summarise findings in an agreed report format.
• To assist in programming and controlling projects and to manage key issues and to keep the profit centre manager up to date on key issues, costs and challenges, change controls, etc.
• To mentor more junior engineers/technicians and to ensure good engineering design delivery from drawing practices to document control and management.
• To receive competence approval from and act in the roles of CRE, CEM as required by Network Rail or TOC and assist with coordinating project assurance submissions.
• Any other duties reasonably required of the post-holder following consultation.
Previous Experience & Skills:
• Structural / Civil design, buildings, roads, rail and contract administration, drawing and contract document preparation (ability to do and also to delegate to others), site supervision.
• A good understanding of Rail/LUL procedures on multi-disciplinary rail projects to coordinate/manage/undertake.
• Excellent report writing skills and excellent communication skills with all interfaces.
• The ideal candidate for role of Senior Civil Engineer must have Enthusiasm, tidy appearance, sufficient physically fitness to be able to work in the rail environment, flexible, willingness to learn, but able to lead when required.
• Ability to identify with our various client roles in Rail, LAuth, LUL, etc.
• Have a clear understanding of the use of AutoCAD and/or Micro station and be competent in the use of other MS Office applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and MS Project.
• Primavera experience useful.
• Be able to work on own initiative, either alone or within a multidisciplinary team to react to a variable and changeable workload.
Educational Requirements & Professional Qualifications:
BEng or BSc and working towards or near MICE, MIStructE, or HNC, HND and IEng, AMICE
This is an excellent opportunity to join this Silver Award winning Investors in People organisation that offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, together with excellent career prospects.
Should you be looking for a new challenge, please forward an updated CV, together with your availability and salary expectation and we will contact you to discuss in more detail