|Job Ref:||204629008||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Basildon||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£0.00 - £43.48/hour||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:17|
Optical Engineer/ Initial 3 Month Contract/ Essex/ £43.48Ltd per hour|
My client is a well respected engineering organisation who is currently experiencing an ongoing period of growth and success. Due to an ever increasing workload, they are looking to recruit an Optical Engineer to join their dedicated team of technical professionals. This is an initial 3 month contract and is paying a rate of £43.48Ltd per hour. Please find the role description below:
To conduct and supervise Optical Engineering Tasks in support of all current and future projects across the business.
The successful candidate will be required to conduct and direct specialist optical engineering activities in support of development and production projects to ensure timely delivery of high quality military electro-optic products. These activities include optical analysis and design using commercial tools as well as optical testing and measurement in laboratory and production environments. The role will require liaison with project teams in the generation of optical requirements and design concepts, as well as close technical liaison with optical component vendors.
The candidate should have experience modelling or designing optical systems using appropriate commercial tools (e.g. ZEMAX, ASAP or equivalent). An advanced understanding of optical physics, especially around the design of LW lenses for cooled detectors is necessary, and a broad understanding and familiarity with a variety of optical systems is also required.
An appreciation of the mechanical and electrical design aspects of electro-optical systems is beneficial and it is desirable that the candidate has experience working in a production environment.
Key responsibility areas
1. Carry out/co-ordinate optical design activities using ZEMAX and ASAP software packages.
2. Lead Optical Engineering activities in support of new bids including concept generation and downselection, planning and estimation
3. Optical Engineering support to build and integration phases of all projects
4. Optical Engineering support to production
5. Optical prototype testing during the development phase
6. Specification of optical test equipment required for both development and production phases.
7. Adherence to Optical Design procedures and maintenance of design records in accordance with ISO 9001.
8. Liaison with suppliers of optical components and assemblies.
Please register interest by submitting an up to date CV without delay.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position