|Job Ref:||204628889||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Kettering||Address:||Post Code:||NN16||Salary:||£24000 - £25000/annum + Benefits package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:17|
Technical Estimator (precision machining) |
Kettering - Commutable from Market Harborough, Corby, Rugby, Northampton, St Neots, Peterborough, Daventry, Ketton
£24,000 rising to £25,000 + Pension + Life Cover + Sick Pay + Early finish on Friday.
Technical Estimator required from mechanical engineering background for a long standing and successful precision machining manufacturing company
Do you have experience within a precision machining environment and a sound estimating background?
The core function of the role will be to generate estimates for clients with the best price for precision engineered components and to ensure competitiveness whilst maintaining profitability.
For decades this business has successfully outsourced their unique machining capabilities, for which many potential customers would find difficult to source elsewhere in the UK. The role of technical estimator will be to assist in the continued success and further growth of this activity.
* Use of contract drawings, procurement orders, base estimating data, computer programs, previous estimates and other information to assist in forming detailed estimates.
* To participate and add value in cost review and pricing approval meetings
* The resolution of discrepancies by collating and analysing information
* Create and maintain a cost database by collating and backing up all relevant data.
* Previous estimating experience from a mechanical engineering background with a sound understanding of precision machining environments
* Hold a mechanical engineering qualification
* Live within a commutable distance of Kettering