|Job Ref:||204628768||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Southend-On-Sea||Address:||Post Code:||SS2||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Group Bonus & Pension||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:17|
We require a production engineer to perform the following functions:|
* Provide shop floor with immediate backup for product/production related problems. Resolve problems quickly and feedback solutions to be incorporated into new designs/production methods. Make small changes to plant/procedures and support those changes with the relevant documentation.
* Assess and implement productivity improvements to our manufacturing methods.
* Carry out time and motion studies.
* Design test rigs for product/material evaluation. Record test data and compile test reports.
* Assist product development engineers with the 1 off sample parts manufacture for evaluation.
* Working with product development engineers, purchasing and production introduce newly designed products into manufacture.
Qualifications & skills:
The candidate must be qualified to at least HNC standard in an engineering discipline.
Apprenticeship served with a good understanding of machining methods. The candidate must be able to read and generate engineering drawings. Experience of 2D and 3D CAD would be highly beneficial.
The candidate must be computer literate with a good command of MS Word & Excel.
Meticulous and with an analytical mind
Personable, self-reliant and a good team player
The requirement for report writing means that a high level of literacy is required. Experience in a fast moving manufacturing environment is essential.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer