|Job Ref:||204628321||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Sutton Coldfield||Address:||Post Code:||B73||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:19|
Graduate Geotechnical Engineer|
Kier Highways is seeking to recruit Graduate Geotechnical Engineer for our Sutton Coldfield office. Our team work on maintenance of road assets, with a focus on earthworks, retaining structures and bridge foundations. The role is to support and increase the capacity of the project team by undertaking office and field based technical project tasks on time, within budget and to the agreed standards.
* Assist with the delivery of small projects or a small programme of work with guidance but minimal supervision.
* Plan and undertake site inspections, field based asset condition data collection and analysis
* Contribute to planning and undertaking ground investigations
* Contribute to the development of technical solutions at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design stages.
* Prepare technical design calculations, drawings, reports, tender documents, specifications, designer's risk assessments and other CDM documentation and other documents.
* Competently use specialist design and drawing software.
* Undertake inspection/supervision activities
* Agree delivery targets with senior staff and report regularly on progress towards milestones.
* Work in accordance with our systems and procedures, including those relating to SHEQ, project & risk management.
* Contribute to technical excellence and innovation in the team.
* Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* A degree or equivalent in either: Civil Engineering with a geotechnical content or
* Geology with an engineering content
* Good A-levels in Maths and Science subjects
* Starting to work towards Incorporated or Chartered Status of a relevant professional institution.
* Full driving licence, valid in the UK
* IT Literate.
* Familiarity with AutoCAD would be desirable.
* Some experience of working in a construction environment would be desirable.
* Fluent spoken and written English.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country