|Job Ref:||204628194||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bury||Address:||Post Code:||BL9||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:19|
Role: Senior Estimator|
Responsible for undertaking estimates for new business opportunities, co-ordinating all aspects of an estimate. Drafting tender letters and presenting all cost and project information in a high quality clear format for review by the Sales & Estimating Manager and a Senior Management representative prior to submission.
The Senior Estimator will also act as 'Lead` providing support and mentoring less experienced members of the team. The Senior Estimator will ensure all members of the team are adhering to the QMS Sales and Estimating Process.
- Liaise with client (potential site/ client meetings)
- Raise and follow up TQ`s.
- Manage/monitor all aspects of own bids/cost plans
- Build up cost estimates for aspects including:
- Ductwork Manufacture
- HVAC services (Inc Equipment Procurement)
- Building Services
- Subcontract packages/ ITT`s
- Installation Works
- Design Costs
- Escalation & Risk Factors
- Co-ordinate content from others and where required to write supporting documents to enhance the quality of proposals
- Present detailed accurate estimating content for review and subsequent approval.
- Experience of the UK construction market
- Experience of bid preparation and co-ordination
- HVAC/ Mechanical/ Electrical Services estimating knowledge
- Proposal management
- Read and understand specifications & drawings
Highly desirable (but not essential)
- Membership of an industry professional body
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Powerpoint, MS Project and various ductwork estimating packages.
- Experience of the Nuclear industry
Would you like training and exposure to other industries to further your career? If so, click 'apply` now or call Diane Jones at BPS World to be considered for this role