|Job Ref:||204628078||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gainsborough||Address:||Post Code:||DN21||Salary:||£29000 - £33000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:19|
Circa £28,000 + O/T
My client, a massively growing, well recognised name within automotive industry, with plans to become a World Class Manufacturing facility in the next couple of years are currently looking to add a Aftersales Service Technician to their team.
This is an exciting time to join a changing and developing company, with huge investment into the business and it's people.
You will be involved in the diagnostics, repair and service of Engine exhaust after treatment devices and stainless steel exhaust systems for HGV and PSV vehicles.
A general sound working knowledge of diesel, automotive electrical, air and fuel systems will be required along with Mechanical skills.
The role is a field service engineering role, and will involve a continuous amount of UK travel and overnight stays. Potentially international travel me be required.
A Flexibility to work night shifts as and when required is also essential.
* Carrying out SCR(T) exhaust after treatment system repair and maintenance
* Ability to diagnose electrical and mechanical faults on the company systems
* Write concise field based reports on identified issues
* Maintain the department housekeeping standards
* Carrying out field based catalyst testing
* Take an active role in our continuous improvement culture
* As our employee you will ensure that all environmental, health and safety requirements are met. These include:
o Comply with Health & Safety policy and standards.
o Take personal accountability for your own safety at work.
o Take reasonable care for your colleagues' health and safety.
o Identify and report hazards, incidents and accidents.
o Keep work areas clean and tidy.
o Use all equipment in a safe manner, observing the duty not to misuse or interfere with anything provided in the interests of health and safety
In order for candidates to be considered for the role it is essential to have the following:
Education and Qualifications:
* A good standard of education
* A City and Guilds in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering would be desirable
* Time served recognised apprenticeship in an automotive or engineering trade
* Significant experience of working with HGV or PSV vehicles, or equivalent time in an Engineering discipline
* Must have a full UK driving licence
* Computer literate familiarity with MS office in particular Outlook and Excel.
* Sound comprehension of engineering drawings / BOMs
* Ability to fill paperwork in to correct corporate standards after each vehicle service.
* Ability to visualise how components will function in an assembly
* Must own standard automotive tools, for job. Specialist equipment and tools will be provided where required.
* A full class 1 licence would be an advantage
* Any fabricating and welding skills would also be advantageous.
* Good communication skills
* Due to the considerable amount of travelling, you must be prepared to spend significant time away from home
* Able to achieve results quickly and accurately
* Presentable and professional manner for front line dealing with customers
* Creative and innovative with an ability to challenge ideas
* Demonstrable problem solving abilities.
* Ability to work well as part of a team is essential
* Able to work with minimal supervision on your own initiative
* Enthusiastic, reliable, honest and conscientious
* Good communicator with strong interpersonal skills
* Be prepared to learn new skills
This is a permanent role, paying around £28,000pa, and includes a company vehicle.
Salary Benefits and Conditions of Appointment:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience - 39 hour week.
Holidays - 24 working days holiday plus statutory days. Holiday allowance increases by one day per complete calendar year to a maximum of 29.
There is a Company pension scheme which, subject to its terms and conditions, you will be eligible to (and in some cases automatically) join. Full details are available from the HR Department.
Death in Service Scheme.
In the interests of all our employees we operate a No Smoking Policy except for in a designated area at break times only.
Interviews are due to take place in the next 2 weeks, so if interested please apply now. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Anastasia Todd on (Apply online only) - (Apply online only) -.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age