|Job Ref:||204627785||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Dorset||Address:||Post Code:||DT8||Salary:||£33000 - £38000/annum VEHICLE, MOBILE PHONE, GENEROUS HO||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:19|
Fire & Security Divisional Manager|
£33,000- £38,000 per annum
We are looking for;
A Highly motivated & experienced individual with
•Good organising skills, a good understanding and appreciation of logistics and geographical locations relating to south of England areas.
•Good team leading personality
•Previous experience working in the fire alarm and security servicing /Installation environment, technical skills and understanding of fire alarm & Security systems are essential.
The role involves the management of a service/installation department including admin staff, you will be required to manage a group of in house engineers, as well as sub-contractors.
•Advising on, and ensuring that, correct/most appropriate engineers are allocated to jobs.
Quote for small works and projects
Check engineers worksheets for additional works /quotes that may follow on.
Checking through maintenance contracts, and due date for services, advising Service desk of combining visits for logistical and geographical reasons to minimise travelling time/parking costs etc. to ensure maximum cost effectiveness and efficiency. Consideration to be given to engineer compatibility and technical ability to the individual sites/systems and customer requirements relating to times of access and testing.
•Advising on and ensuring that correct and prompt action is taken for any emergency, reactive callouts, attention to jobs that require a particular engineer to attend to, either due to familiarity on site, with customer, or system and continuity.
- Organise and liaise with the schedulers to ensure that the diaries are being effectively managed
- Audit engineers on a regular basis in accordance with the companies procedures
- Produce monthly statistics on the performance of the department
- Manage the van stock procedures for all engineers and audit accordingly
- Ensure that the engineers are adhering to the companies H&S policies at all times
- Ensure that the current BAFE & SSAIB accreditation guidelines are met within the department
- Bring new ideas to the department with a view to maximizing profits and improving procedures
•Communication with customer for any particular reasons that cannot be effectively dealt with by Service desk personnel (escalation procedure)
•Communication with engineers when there are issues that cannot be effectively dealt with by service desk operator. i.e. on a technical level, advising on decision/steps forward etc.
•Strive and aim towards completion of all maintenance visits during the months required.
To Manage 6 engineers
•To be available outside normal working hours in cases where "on-call" engineer has a particular problem or issue requiring advice. Consideration may need to be given to taking appropriate action to arrange for another engineer to attend and/or advise customer of details.
•To be available outside normal working hours for technical support and if escalation procedure deems it necessary to speak to customer direct to discuss issue/plan for next steps/return visit etc.
•Carry out site audits and quality checks during/following engineers' attendances (on average once a month).
Attend Client meetings
Manage our BAFE and SSAIB accreditation and audits
Manage all aspects of Fire & Security including MAS web reports and new monitoring accounts.
Reporting to Director
•Daily on any particular issues or future issues
•Monthly - progress meeting on maintenance targets, particular jobs requiring action.
•Monthly - report on maintenance completed and outstanding - discussion on steps to take to complete visits and improve.
Bring new ideas to the department with a view to maximizing profits and improving procedures
Produce monthly statistics on the performance of the department
Experience & Qualifications
- Good man management skills
- Hold a current FIA (Unit 1, 2 or 3), or fire alarm industry equivalent certificate (Unit 1 as a minimum)
- At least 10 years' experience of working within the fire & security industry (on both disciplines)
- Hold a Full Driving License (preferably clean)
- Speak & write fluent English
- Be able to undergo and pass an SC & BS7858 screening procedure within 3 months of starting employment
Have a good understanding of the fire & security industry and preferably have good technical knowledge of current the systems on the market.
If this is you please send your cv asap or call George on (Apply online only)