|Job Ref:||204627706||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Aylesbury||Address:||Post Code:||HP20||Salary:||£20.00/hour||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:19|
Buyer - Aylesbury |
The client is a global leader in the engineering and production of custom-designed technology for space.
Working in an Engineer to Order and primarily project based environment, the responsibilities of the Buyer will include:
Working with a small team of Buyers, to carry out the procurement of all parts, materials and services as required by the business.
Main commodities, electronics (EEE parts), bare PCB's, electronic assemblies (PCBA), machined (mechanical) parts in quality standards up to and including for Space Flight.
All day to day general activities as usually required in a procurement team, including:
• Raising purchase orders, expediting, supplier management activities, negotiation.
• Planning and co-ordinating subcontract assembly activities, including organising free issue kits and materials.
• Working cross functionally keeping relevant stakeholders informed of procurement status.
• Ensuring applicable documents and requirements are implemented with Suppliers.
• Participating and leading Supplier visits.
• Main point of contact, internally and externally for given suppliers and projects.
• Keeping all records, systems and stakeholders up to date.
• Identification of supply chain risks and recommendation of mitigation strategies.
• Dealing with delivery and invoice queries.
• Periodic procurement status reporting and feedback, as required functionally or as required by the business.
• Attendance at and chairing internal and external meetings as required
• Responsible for own administrative activities
Any other duties as required.
• Technical Buyer expertise within a manufacturing / engineering environment
• Knowledge of materials, processes and engineering terminology associated with electronic components and assemblies
• Day to day management of supplies and suppliers
• Commercially aware and able to negotiate
• Ability to build Supplier relationships
• Effective internal stakeholder management skills
• Ability to effectively manage own workload
• Basic knowledge of contract law
• Electronics, mechanical or other technical qualification
• Experience of working in a project based environment
• Export Compliance and ITAR knowledge
• Space Industry procurement experience
• SAP knowledge; very good excel skills.
• MCIPS or working towards
• Detail orientated
• Flexible and reliable
• Open to change