|Job Ref:||204627682||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Chilwell||Address:||Salary:||£24000 - £27000/annum + attendance bonus paid quarterly||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:19|
Gerard Poly Mouldings provides specialised expertise dedicated to the design and manufacture of masking products for aero and gas turbine engines. We are entirely self-sufficient with product design, tool manufacture, moulding and inspection all being carried out in-house to ensure a consistently high standard of product quality.|
We wish to recruit an Engineering Machinist on a full time basis to join our experienced team of Engineering Machinists. We work with aluminium to make tooling used to create silicone rubber and polyurethane mouldings used by many aero engine and gas turbine engine manufacturers around the world. It is essential that these tools are made to the precise design tolerances in the design specification.
Our design work is bespoke, so as an Engineering Machinist working for us you can expect to be involved a wide range of tool making activities.
We work an 80 hour fortnight with every alternate Friday off. Our core attendance hours are 8am to 4pm, although in order to work the required 80 hours most of our Engineering Machinists start work around 7am. Overtime work is available when the needs of the business require it.
Is it essential that you have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Time served Engineering Machinist with 5+ years of experience in metal working
• Qualified to NVQ level 3 in Engineering Production (or equivalent)
• 3+ years of experience in precision tool making
• Capable of interpreting engineering drawings
• Experience with Bridgeport Manual Mills
• Experience with Colchester Mascot Lathes (or equivalent)
Is it desirable that you have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Experience of working with aluminium
• Experience of working with Vertical Borers