|Job Ref:||204627627||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:19|
RHL, a highly respected Recruitment Consultancy in Technical, Engineering & Scientific talent acquisition, are currently recruiting for;|
Title: Software Engineer
Contact: Bradley Harper
Reference No: 221904
Applicants must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK!
Role of the Software Engineer
Our client, a prestigious design consultancy based in Cambridge, is looking for Software Engineers to join their dedicated technology hub near Cambridge. This is full of the brightest engineering and scientific minds - they deliver concept to manufacture engineering research, design and development services to global leaders across a broad range of sectors, including communications, consumer products and healthcare.
They offer their highly technical engineers an exciting variety of work and the opportunity to see an initial idea develop into a real tangible product over a relatively short time period.
Our client is looking for like-minded engineering professionals who like nothing better than delivering solutions that provide our client's with a competitive edge to grow their Software & Controls skills team.
The role will make the most of your enviable track record in the design, development, testing and delivery of software solutions, with an emphasis on medical devices or healthcare solutions.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer
* Be responsible for software development activities in relation to all or part of a software system solution/product
* Support senior team members in relation to a variety of client facing activities associated with the software development lifecycle
* In an Agile methodology environment, create both low and high level designs, implement code and develop testing and implementation solutions
* Occasionally lead small teams of software engineers in relation to software development activities
* Produce proficient code in programming language's such as (C, C++, C#, Python) - specialists in one language would have to be comfortable learning other languages as appropriate
* Help ensure that software development projects are delivered in line with clients' expectations and agreed constraints, as directed by senior colleagues
* Develop and design test specifications in line with overall test strategy/framework
* Demonstrate experience of working in a regulated environment, for example ISO 13485
Requirements of the Software Engineer
* Minimum 2.1 degree in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or related subject or equivalent experience
* A good level of understanding in relation to software architecture and the potential to develop this further in relation to building knowledge and expertise around wider system functionality
* An impressive background across the full range of software development activities
* The ability to write proficient/professional code
* Strong presentation and communication skills that allow you translate complex technical information effectively
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* The ability to innovate and think freely
* Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a range of industry sectors
* Adaptability and flexibility
* Able to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
* Able to plan and prioritise, work to deadlines and under pressure
Please apply to Bradley Harper, Recruitment Consultant,, (Apply online only)
Recruitment Holdings Ltd (RHL) act as an Employment Business and as an Employment Agency