|Job Ref:||204627565||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Salary:||£250 - £350/day||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:19|
Job Title - Commercial Manager|
Location - Doncaster Gresley House
Rates - £250-£350
About the role / project:
High Output Track Renewals is a national project and part of the Infrastructure Projects (Track) portfolio. We are responsible for the management and delivery of high quality plain line renewals on the UK's primary mainline routes, using state of the art High Output On Track Machine systems, working 7 nights per week.
High Output Track Renewals (HOTR) uses factory-like trains to relay rail, sleepers and ballast in place of conventional, labour-intensive methods. It is forecast to deliver circa 70% of our plain line track renewals in CP5, including 2000km of ballast cleaning and 700km of rail and sleeper relaying.
Utilising 7 factory trains: 5 ballast Cleaning Systems, 2 Track Relaying Systems the GB HO fleet is the 3rd biggest in the world with other 400 vehicles. It is a £200m per/annum national programme, employing 1200 people of which 600 are employed by Network Rail and 600 are Subcontractors. The majority of the workforce work nights and weekends.
What you will do:
* Commercial Management of High Output Track Renewals portfolio.
* Management of Commercial requirements, programme cost forecast accuracy
* Ensure adherence to Network Rail Governance rules and Corporate Processes
* Advise production staff on commercial, cost and contractual/supply chain responsibilities
* Support production in operational cost control on all our activities, mitigating business risk and commercial exposure
* Active management, visibility and reporting accountability of all elements of the HO cost stack.
Your experience will include:
* Educated to degree standard or equivalent professional qualification in related subject
* Able to commercially manage a portfolio of investment projects
* Good understanding of the construction/railway industry
* Good understanding of railway and construction industry forms of contract
* Good communication/negotiation skills
* Computer literate
* Member of professional institution of working towards membership of
* Significant experience of working within a commercial environment
* Awareness of industry issues
* Experience of managing and developing staff
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We are striving to achieve the 'two ticks' disability symbol and to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
Network Rail is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy