|Job Ref:||204627494||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£60000 - £100000/annum plus £xcellent benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:19|
Our client provides professional advice, principally in relation to highways, traffic and|
transportation aspects of a site, to a range of developers, retailers, house-builders,
private individuals and local authorities.
The business operates in a competitive environment alongside numerous specialist
transport consultants as well as multi-disciplinary companies who can offer a wide
range of services including major Civil and Structural engineering work.
The Director/Associate Director will provide essential support to the the other Directors for certain management, marketing and administrative roles that are essential to the smooth running of the business. The role will require excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and an ability to present the findings of a project or to represent the interests of the company in public.
The Director/Associate Director will be responsible for business development within the South and will be expected to expand the company`s existing client base and build and enhance the company`s reputation in the South-East.
The Director/Associate Director will possess the necessary experience, knowledge and technical expertise to act as direct client contact and project manager on each commission. They must be conversant in post planning detail design skills on Infrastructure schemes.
The key design skills that the successful Candidate will ideally take account of delivering the following;
- Highways Specification
- Detailed Horizontal Design
- Detailed Vertical Design (including cross sections and long sections, 3D modelling)
- Detailed Pavement / Footway design
- Highway surface water drainage
- Signing & Lining
- Site clearance
- Setting out
- Street lighting
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- To be the principal point of contact on all project-related matters and to provide expertise and advice in all aspects of highway engineering and/or transportation planning.
- To develop a team that are capable of winning work levels to support the growth of the business whilst bringing together the necessary internal and external resources and skills required to fulfil the obligations of each and every commission to the budget and timescale agreed with the client.
- To liaise with the client to agree the project specification, the timescale, the fee and the terms of engagement.
- To ensure that the project is undertaken to the specified budget and that all project-related fees and disbursements are accurately recorded and expediently recovered.
- To have a full understanding of all the tools and techniques employed within the field of highway engineering and transportation planning.
- To have a full understanding of all local and national planning policies and guidelines as they relate to transportation and development.
- To have a full understanding of, ensure compliance with and assist in the upkeep and refinement of the company`s Quality Assurance system and Health & Safety Policy.
- To be involved in staff recruitment and to actively mentor and assist in the professional development of staff.
- To report to monthly management meetings.
If you are interested in this exciting role then please send your CV via the system for the attention of Richard Sutton.
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don`t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us at (url removed)/candidate-registration