|Job Ref:||204626740||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Sutton Coldfield||Address:||Post Code:||B73||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
Senior Geotechnical Engineer|
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Kier Highways is seeking to recruit Senior Geotechnical Engineer for our Sutton Coldfield office. Our team work on maintenance of road assets, with a focus on earthworks, retaining structures and bridge foundations. You'll be responsible for the delivery of technical investigations and design for projects, to the meet the client's serviceability aspiration for the trunk road network.
Responsibilities as follows:
* Taking a leading role in the geotechnical engineering element of maintenance and improvement schemes, which may include
* Plan and undertake site inspections, field based asset condition data collection and analysis
* Contribute to planning and undertaking inspections and ground investigations
* Lead the development of technical solutions at feasibility, preliminary and detailed design stages.
* Prepare technical design calculations, drawings, reports, tender documents, specifications, designer's risk assessments and other CDM documentation and other documents.
* Competently use specialist design and drawing software.
* Undertake inspection/supervision activities
* Managing the delivery of technical outputs of design teams.
* Acting as Lead Designer on work undertaken by the team.
* Checking and certifying of design deliverables (including drawings specifications, reports by design teams and 3rd parties and authorising where appropriate.
* Leading Value Management / Engineering to support Project Managers in decision making
* Develop technical and financial briefs and proposals for new schemes.
* Collaborate and coordinate designs with those of other asset disciplines
* Ensuring that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company's management systems including Health and Safety, project and risk management.
* Significant Contribution to technical excellence and innovation across the team.
* Developing the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring Engineers, Technicians and Graduates and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
* Actively promoting Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System.
* Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
* A degree or equivalent in either: Civil Engineering with a geotechnical content or Geology with an engineering content.
* Chartered / incorporated member of a relevant professional institution or demonstrably progressing towards this level of attainment and possessing equivalent experience.
* Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in design of highway maintenance or improvement schemes to UK standards.
* Experience of using relevant software.
* Knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar business.
* Full driving licence, valid in the UK
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate (globally) across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a head office at Tempsford Hall in Bedfordshire and a network of 88 UK offices (105 globally) Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, with a turnover of over £4bn and an order book of £9.5bn, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service (or asset management) contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer