|Job Ref:||204626465||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£400 - £800/day||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
The Site Manager represents the Project Manager on site and therefore has full responsibility for day-to-day Substation activities including:|
• Act as PC Rep where applicable
• Implementation of site management policy
• Control of access, induction and authorisations for all persons working on the site
• Review and acceptance of Health and Safety & Quality Plans.
• Produce and update method statements and risk assessments
• Review and Accept Subcontractor RAMS
• Chair weekly safety co-ordination meetings
• Co-ordinate with Client site representatives
• Co-ordination with office-based project team(s)
• Co-ordination with local organisations and third parties affected by the works
• Site document control and reporting
• Site walks and general site observation
• Works to a comprehensive set of procedures laid down in the Site Management Manual
Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
• To be responsible for and ensure compliance with Site Manager's responsibility.
• To be responsible for and to continually review all site based documentation, ensuring compliance with the Site Management Manual, including the on-site filing system for documentation and drawings.
• Ensures that a safe working environment is provided at all times and obtains any necessary documentation such as, Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RA/MS) COSHH assessments including the production of RA/MS within competence.
• Ensure that all site personnel comply with all procedures and Service Processes liaising with the QHSE Adviser on non-conformance and accident / incident reporting.
• To carry out and participate fully in site audits and inspections.
• Principal contractor responsibility: To act as and perform the role of the Principal Contractor's site representative as per the Construction Design & Management Regulations (CDM).
• Ensure that the control of site safety and good environmental practice is in accordance within the QHSE Management System and any customer requirements including waste control procedures.
• To instigate, hold and develop on site tool box talks according to site / contract requirements.
• To be responsible for actively managing, monitoring and reporting on all site based budgetary issues, including authorisation of Staff and Contractor timesheets.
• Complete weekly Site Managers Report for monitoring progress & cost reporting.
• The procurement of goods and services as detailed in the project specification in agreement with the Project Manager including receipt and storage of goods.
• To have line management responsibility for the client and / or third party contract staff working on the project site on a day to day basis, including setting people to work with all relevant information.
• Responsible for the set up and maintenance of the site infrastructure.
• To act as the primary on site point of contact with clients.
• To liaise with the Project Manager/ Engineer of the appropriate project team, providing project information, feedback and reports as required.
• To monitor and report progress against the project programme for site related activities.
• To chair / attend project and site meetings as directed.
Experience and role requirements
• Should have experience as a Site Supervisor on an Electricity Supply Industry construction site or Substation
• Experienced in all substation site activities including plant, civil, commissioning and health, safety and environmental legislation and practice, including NG standards, TP137, TP144 etc.
• Requires the presence and personal qualities necessary to effectively monitor and control the site - such as people management skills, verbal and written