|Job Ref:||204626463||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Letchworth||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
Quality Inspector / Team Leader|
Letchworth, Hertfordshire £30,000 to £35,000
An established leading specialist in the manufacture of precision machined components for the Aerospace sector, looking for a skilled and experienced Quality Inspector / Team Leader to lead the day to day activities of the quality inspection team due to company growth and expansion, coupled with continued re-investment into the state of the art facility with brand new CNC machines.
As the successful Quality Team Leader, you will be reporting to the Group Quality Manager and leading a team of quality inspectors as well as being hands on with the inspection of varied parts and components for the Aerospace sector.
You will also be performing Quality Control activities to reduce the variation and waste in all areas through error prevention, lean manufacturing and compliance with business processes, applicable standards, legislation and regulations to meet customer requirements and stakeholder needs.
As the successful Quality Team Leader, you will be willing to perform hands on Quality Inspection as well as lead a team of inspectors. You will also have experience of working in the Aerospace sector.
• First Article Inspections of component parts and sub-assemblies to the required industry standards
• Executing customer approval documentation in accordance with relevant standards i.e. APQP, PPAP, SPAP, FRACAS submissions
• Ensuring equipment is calibrated and available for use
• Creating CMM programs in support of first article, in process control and final inspection checks
• Supporting the development, implementation and maintenance of the Business Management systems to meet certification requirements, the needs of customers, the business and its stakeholders
• Support and execute continuous improvement activities in addition to providing information concerning product and process quality performance
• Liaising with suppliers to resolve issues to promote external and internal customer confidence and satisfaction
• Supporting the New Product Introduction process through quality planning and implementation, liaising with internal functions and suppliers
• Executing short and long term objectives to drive KPI improvements
• Ensuring all quality data is captured and analysed against targets, taking action on adverse variation to standard
• Striving towards the Goal of a World Class manufacturing environment
• 40hrs per week
• 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday & 7:30am to 12:30pm Friday
(this is a salaried role and therefore no overtime is paid)
• 15 in total on the shop floor
• Brand new machines in a state of the art facility
• Aerospace component manufacturing specialist
• Friendly working atmosphere
• Well structured environment with ongoing training and support available
• 25 days holiday
• Auto-enrolment pension
• Onsite Parking
• Canteen facility
• State of the art facility
Quality, Team Leader, Quality Inspection, Quality Inspector, Continuous Improvement, CMM