|Job Ref:||204626383||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:18|
Our client requires Commissioning Engineers on various substations across the UK. The durations of the contracts vary, dependant on the site. The ideal candidates should have previously worked on National Grid Substations and hold a valid BESC and Persons. |
Commissioning Engineer Responsibilities:
* Travel to customer sites globally to commission single or multi installations, fixing any technical problems and maintaining our commercial position onsite
* Stringently cold-test systems
* Work with customer and third parties to complete all commissioning activities on the substation and hand over to operations
* Make sure the product is to specification, and that the client is happy
* Complete relevant documentation, including site reports, daily reports and other relevant documents
As a Commissioning Engineer, you will need to be a proven engineer, qualified to degree level or have equivalent experience, experienced with substation equipment, and have an understanding of the principles of substation operation.
You will need to have experience in configuring/commissioning, possess fault finding skills on substations, control systems, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems.
Have the ability to comprehensively record, understand and interpret the performance of substations.
As well as your technical qualifications, you will be a great communicator.
Have a good, in depth knowledge of equipment.
Have EHS knowledge and management of hazardous areas - complete risk assessments/method statements, safe lifting operations and slinging, electrical hazards and continuously drive and support the zero-harm culture onsite.
Leadership & Management:
Lead and manage onsite resource and the customer to meet project requirements in line with standards.
A flexible attitude to travel is also required