|Job Ref:||204626277||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Halesowen||Address:||Post Code:||B63||Salary:||£25 - £27/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:11|
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES|
The role of Project Designer is to successfully undertake detailed design and procurement of specific elements of a given project, through competent understanding of the project requirements, company environment and processes.
• Good time management skills.
• Good communicator.
• Good general construction knowledge.
• Unitised Curtain Wall experience preferred.
• Proficiency in understanding and interpreting engineers, architects and sub contractors drawings.
• Good curtain wall / cladding expertise including unitised frame construction, this should also include experience in associated elements of facade's, for example louvres, brise soleil, doors, fixing systems.
• Autocad and IT Proficient.
• Ability to deal with Subcontractors to Structal (UK) Ltd, Main Contractors, Architects, Consultants and clients.
• Ability to work with other employees within Structal (UK) Ltd and Rinaldi Structal (Parent Company).
The following is a schedule of non-exclusive duties/functions that are required to be carried out to fulfil the role:
• Review the Specifications and comment as required.
• Review the drawings, (including conceptual drawings, and design intent drawings), and review and comment on calculations (structural, thermal, system etc.) requesting additional drawings as required.
• Raise R.F.I's as the contract proceeds.
• Review R.F.I. responses, commenting as required.
• Ensure that all drawing registers are completed correctly.
• Arrange and attend Fixers drawing review meetings as and when required.
• Check each drawing for buildability during design progress, including CDM management.
• Review comments on drawings previously submitted for approval/comment, resolving comments.
• Attend meetings on site or architects/builders offices as and when required.
• Review progress with the D.O. Manager, advising of any problems as and when they arise.
• Record changes on the D.O. Change Register.
• Advise the D.O. Manager of changes prior to commencement of the work.
• Obtain structural calculations from the Structural Engineers as design progresses.
• Liaise with Commercial/Contracts and Site if required.
• Carry out site inspections to ensure compliance with design