|Job Ref:||204629818||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Pontefract||Address:||Post Code:||WF8||Salary:||£30500/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:55|
My client, one of the biggest and well known names in confectionery manufacturing are looking to recruit a Packaging Fitter to join their team on a permanent basis due to increased demand.
You will be responsible for the mechanical installation, maintenance and change overs of all machinery and services required within the Packing Department.
You will work alongside other Packing Fitters within the team to ensure the timely maintenance, repair and installation of the required machinery.
Key Relationships with all areas of Packing Department and colleagues within own department.
* Preparing machines to run in line with set procedures and completing machine changeovers as and
* when required
* To attend machine breakdowns and carry out maintenance as required, including preventative maintenance
* To carry out bench fitting
* To carry out installation of new machinery
* Ensure the correct working and maintenance of all guarding systems
* Ensure the continuous improvement of all packaging machinery
* To follow set procedures for permit to work, job recording, fire alarm muting, health & safety and hygiene set systems of work
* To maintain all machinery to the standards expected in the food industry
* To research areas of improvement related to the machinery used and develop tools/parts to facilitate that improvement
* To comply with Company requirement
In order for candidates to be considered for the role it is essential to have the following:
* Previous experience of installation and commissioning of packaging machinery to the standards expected in the food industry is desirable. Examples include:
o Vertical Form Fill and Seal (VFF)
o Automated Weighing Systems
o HACCP Metal Detection
o Milling, turning and welding
* A fully completed Apprenticeship is essential
* The ability to work well as part of a team
* Good Level of verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to effectively use IT packages to a good level e.g Word, Excel
Interviews are due to take place in the next 2 weeks, so if interested please apply now. For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Anastasia Todd at Search Consultancy, Leeds.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age