|Job Ref:||204629812||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£1 - £2/annum see advert||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:17|
Senior Software Engineer|
My client are recruiting for the role of Senior Software Engineer, Based in their Siemens offices in Cambridge, UK in a permanent staff position. The role will involve working on the product infrastructure team.
Their software is one of the world's most widely used PLM software. It powers innovation and improves productivity by connecting people across global product development and manufacturing organizations with the product and process knowledge they need to succeed.
The successful candidate will perform C++ design and implementation for the product with the goal of surpassing customer expectations and achieving high quality and on-time delivery, working closely with a local team of highly qualified software engineers as well as collaborating with a wider group located in the USA, Europe and India.
What are my Responsibilities?
* Contribute individually or in a team as needed to meet the requirements and deadlines of various projects
* Design and implementation of client/server modules of product, solving complex computing and engineering problems
* Follow the Software Development Lifecycle Process (SDLC) including writing design documents, coding and testing
* Write clean, robust and maintainable code to minimize the cost of defects over time, ensuring ongoing quality of the product delivered to customers
* Maintain existing code - analyse and resolve customer and internally reported problems
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other numerate discipline (or equivalent)
* Demonstrated experience of developing engineering or scientific software, preferably in a commercial environment
* Strong and detailed knowledge of C/C++
* Knowledge of: SQL, Visual Studio, Java, Linux, XML, Perl, HTML, STL
* Understanding of the Software Development Processes - Agile and Waterfall
* Understanding of automated testing
* A team player, flexible, self-motivated and proactive
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Effective organisation and time management abilities
* Clear thinking and analytical problem solving skills
All applications must include a CV and cover letter tailored to this vacancy upon application. Please ensure that you explain how you meet the requirements of the job.
My client offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through their flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare