|Job Ref:||204629311||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Gloucestershire||Address:||Post Code:||GL9||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:17|
Mechanical/Control & Instrumentation Technician|
This exciting new role comes with a large engineering company in their structural integrity department. The company provides inspection, materials and structural analysis as well as plant lifetime management services to ensure the safe and reliable operation of the company's nuclear power stations.
The role is based in Barnwood within the Control and Instrumentation Laboratory, working 37 hour week Monday-Friday with occasional site visits.
Duties will include:
* Mechanical assembly of systems and equipment, including state of the art miniaturised remote inspection; debris recovery systems, robotic devices and camera equipment.
* Electrical wiring of the systems mentioned above, the ability to understand how to route and control cabling taking into account movement of mechanisms to ensure reliability and repeatability of the system.
* The development of novel remote inspection, sampling, repair or inspection solutions. This will be either 'in house' being part of the initial solution to a challenging problem that may be developed through to final production or proven 'in house' concept given to an outside company for final production.
* Evaluation and repair where possible of Inspection Group equipment that is found defective post / during site based activities. This may include video recording equipment, video probes, inspection cameras etc.
* Maintain a safe and clean laboratory environment. Advise others on safety aspects of working in the laboratory and be aware and comply with COSHH regulations.
* Ensuring all work is undertaken to standards consistent with relevant safety and quality assurance procedures.
Ideally you will have/be:
* Applicants will have served a relevant apprenticeship scheme and have proven practical experience in an industrial environment.
* A relevant HNC / HND or equivalent qualifications in an engineering/science discipline will also be considered.
* Experience in innovation & novel solutions, design/development of, or use of, electromechanical systems used within remote and / or industrial environments.
* The real emphasis is on practical experience, attention to detail, skills and the ability to work to high quality standards.
* Self-starting and self-motivating
* Good communications skills, strong work ethic, teamwork, commitment to achieving results, self-motivated, proactive and capable of lateral thinking.
If that sounds like a role you would be interested in, please apply with your send your CV now to (url removed)
To view other job opportunities with Velosi-Intec, why not download the Applus Velosi Jobs App - enter "ApplusVelosi Jobs App" into Google.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on velosi-intec where you will find a full list of live positions. Intec (UK) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)