|Job Ref:||204629154||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£27000 - £30000/annum Van||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:17|
My Client is a market leading facilities management company looking recruit for a multi skilled maintenance engineer on a mobile basis in Manchester, they are looking for someone primarily air conditioning and F-Gas trained with 17th Edition, who is looking for an opportunity to take a step up in to a company that provides a substantial amount of training and support. Someone looking for a company they can stay in for the rest of their career would be perfect for this role as there are management opportunities in the long term.|
The main objectives for the role are:
To carry out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to building plant, equipment and systems in accordance with agreed service levels, and respond to site engineering emergencies. Assist other trades as work load requires.
Key Tasks Are:
* Ensuring the efficient and effective operation, maintenance and repair of the sites M&E Plant and Equipment and Fabric Services.
* Able to undertake works on electrical and refrigeration systems for planned and reactive works.
* Compliance with and record keeping for the clients ISO 9001/14001 Quality Management System and management of the Quality, Health, Safety + Environment responsibilities on the site.
* Undertake and assist in reactive repairs to the sites M&E systems.
* Prioritising and undertaking reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks.
* Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices.
* Where necessary supervision of Specialist Service Contractors, including Induction and issuing of authority to work / permit to work as per the clients QHSE procedures.
* Formulating Risk Assessments and Method Statements when required.
* Attending monthly team meetings with on site team, including toolbox talks
* Attend company QHSE short course when required
* Liaising with QHSE or Contract Manager when internal audits are conducted
* Assist the contract / business in creating innovative tools or creating new innovative ideas to facilitate the maintenance to the contract.
* Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
* Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
* Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
* Ensure that domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the ACoPL8 standard, or any other industry standards applicable which may supersede ACoPL8.
* Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
* Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of "Frontline" task sheets.
* Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices.
* Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
* To develop a good working relationship with all members of the companies staff and clients staff.
* Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
* Ensure a professional image of the company is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
* Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
* Assist other trades as workload dictates.
* Participate in the site call out system. Adhering to all organisational policies and procedures.
If you are interested in the position, please reply to this advert or contact me on (Apply online only)
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business