|Job Ref:||204626169||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £42000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:16|
Project Engineer (Mechanical) and Rail (HVAC)|
Location - London/Northwest
Permanent - Negotiable (Plus Accommodation Allowance)
I currently have 2 immediate requirements for a Project Engineers in London. Ideally, the candidate will be based in the North West as on completion of the London Projects, further works will be in the North West. The project is the instillation of HVAC Systems into 12 Rail Stations and the purpose of the project will be; to take receipt at sales handover stage and deliver the Project to final completion, to organise and control in full or section of a larger project. On the larger scale projects, you will be assisting the Project Manager, but you will have responsibility to liaise with and coordinate subcontractors and suppliers.
My client is one of the UK's leading providers of air movement and ventilation ductwork solutions, delivering projects throughout the UK ranging from Nuclear and Industrial Processes, to Healthcare, Retail, Commercial and Leisure, they are dedicated to providing the highest level of quality and service for all of our customers.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications / experience / aptitude:
* Receive information from sales department during and after handover to projects department. Review and understand tender pricing methods and documentation and highlight discrepancies.
* In line with defined project sizes, plan, monitor, programme and take control of all aspects of project information. Determine and arrange resource levels, materials requirements and site demands to ensure efficient operation of Projects.
* Review and understand client specifications. Prepare internal specifications and manufacturing details.
* Take a leading role in building services co-ordination exercises in conjunction with any contractual obligations
* Coordinate in full the project requirement with the design and engineering department to ensure that the correct standards, specifications and information is produced in order that the project targets and obligations are achieved.
* Take a leading role in procurement of equipment and materials to comply with requirements and delivery needs.
* Contribute to the commercial management of the project. Be aware of specific project commercial constraints.
* Recognise variations and delays to the tendered scope of works and ensure they are properly recorded.
* Contribute and provide information for the submission of valuations and invoices.
* Supervise others of a lesser grade. Lead by example and show initiative. Develop team spirit and job involvement.
* Carry out accurate site surveys and site measures and demonstrate flexibility in terms of site visiting / being site based as necessary.
* Develop a working relationship with the client and correspond about all aspects of a project.
* Contribute to the preparation of safe systems of work including generation of method statements
HNC or above in Building Services based subject
PowerPoint, Word and Excel
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV via the 'APPLY' button in this advert. Please note that direct emails are sometimes not received due to the spam/junk e-mail filters in place. If you would like to discuss your suitability further, please do not hesitate to contact Rachel on (Apply online only).
If you are shortlisted for this vacancy, you will be contacted within 24 - 48 hours to discuss your application further. If you have not heard anything within 5 days of your application, then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your CV on file and contact you regarding future vacancies.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kinetic Search & Selection whose services are those of an Employment Agency